Cisco Systems, Inc.
Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer – Hardware
Level of Experience: Experienced – Non Manager
Requisition #: R1021565
Product Manager will be a member of the marketing team within the IoT Systems Group and help drive Cisco’s vision, strategy, and execution in the industrial IoT markets such as Smart Grid, Smart Cities, and Industrial field monitoring applications.
As part of the overall strategy, this role will be responsible for developing products for the Field Area Network (FAN) and defining Cisco’s opportunity and requirements for success. The market trend to drive intelligence into the Smart Grid to enable higher efficiency, adapt to changing demand and supply patterns, and meet new regulatory rules and government climate goals presents a tremendous opportunity for Cisco. The main objective for this role is to determine how Cisco can influence this market trend as it relates to the FAN and significantly contribute to Cisco’s bottom line. This position will primarily focus on defining FAN solutions including 802.15.4g wireless mesh networks.
– Defining product/solution requirements by understanding the FAN market, customers, and opportunities;
– Developing long-term roadmap to create sustainable differentiation in this market;
– Determining pricing strategy and how Cisco can capture the value being created by the Smart Grid;
– Setting go-to-market strategy (direct or via partnership);
– Understanding competitors’ positioning and strategies and developing Cisco strategy, positioning and response;
– Communicating to Cisco field and customers the product's capabilities, positioning in the market, and long term vision;
– Working closely with cross functional groups such as other Cisco BUs, services organization, alliances & business development to drive execution of the strategy.
– Preferred experience with wireless mesh technologies
– Understanding of the networking industry and previous product manager experience
– Ability to work independently with only minimal management oversight.
– Excellent written, oral and presentation skills along with superior interpersonal skills.
– Flexibility in a fast paced, ever-changing, deadline-driven environment.
– Bachelors in Engineering and MBA highly desirable
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Internet of Everything
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.