Requisition ID: 127232
Work Area: Marketing
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
The Sales and Marketing Intern will work exclusively in the sports and entertainment industry, and will execute a number of different tasks across two key business areas: Global Sponsorships, and the Sports and Entertainment Industry Sales Unit.
Global Sponsorships are focused on bringing the SAP brand to life. Sponsorships such as Sports, Educational, Art and Culture are the ultimate unifiers to bring the SAP brand to life. By showcasing the value creation in a digital economy leveraging SAP technology through this medium, we’re able to connect with true human passions and help the world run better.
SAP’s Sports and Entertainment Industry Sales is focused on driving business value by selling SAP solutions to all accounts that are in the Sports and Entertainment sector. These include professional sports teams, leagues, venues, associations, as well as Entertainment accounts which include Casinos, Gaming, Lotteries, Events, Museums, Theaters, Amusement Parks, Zoos, and cultural attractions. Our goal is to drive incremental revenue for SAP by leveraging the work of our Global Sponsorships team, in helping to drive incremental revenue growth for SAP’s 25 th Industry – Sports and Entertainment.
The Intern will be responsible for multiple tasks across both business units, as follows:
Global Sponsorships Responsibilities:
The Global Sponsorships portfolio delivers proof points of the digital transformation through technology showcases, storytelling and customer experience.
In this role, you will join the team in a strategic project enablement capacity. The focus lies on cutting-edge approaches that enhance innovation capabilities in the sponsorships environment, which will ultimately provide you with a unique chance to make crucial contributions both on the research and execution side of these strategic projects.
The person will be responsible for 3 core areas:
- Assist in various concepts and technologies to manage and measure global sponsorships assets
- Examine various management approaches to improve sponsorships performance
- Identify new opportunities to bring SAP’s brand to life by showcasing innovative SAP applications and services
Sports and Entertainment Industry Sales Responsibilities:
- Respond to Inbound Marketing Inquiries and help qualify selling leads and opportunities
- Assess prospective customer’s current and potential needs, determining appropriate SAP products and solutions
- Supports the development and implementation of sales plays by utilizing a thorough understanding of the S&E customer's value proposition, and an ability to explain how we differentiate ourselves in this industry (SAP messaging).
- Positions and illustrates alternative ways of creating the real value of SAP’s solution offerings for clients through assessing their problems or opportunities
Customer Engagement / Sales :
- Help build customer relationships through introductory customer conversations to understand organizational business objectives and goals
- Accompany S&E Sales reps on sales calls, to gain better understanding of the true buyers and key decision makers within S&E accounts
- Become proficient in S&E Industry specific solutions, and generic SAP solutions, to become an industry expert to the customer (eg Ticketing, SportsOne)
- Support the creation of internal synergies across various teams, to assist in creating a strong virtual account team that can help S&E team be successful and accelerate our growth -this includes Marketing, GPO, IoT, PSG, D&T, and much more)
Sales Operations :
- Help NA Industry sales team with various CRM and Pipeline related reporting an analysis to assist in various sales operations related tasks (forecasting, pipeline, etc)
- Provide operational support for various activities including account assignments, forecast related analysis, lead follow up and qualification, and other various operational tasks
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
We offer a team oriented working environment, the possibility to extend your practical experiences and theoretical knowledge within an international operating team. The intern is encouraged to work on her/ his own initiative and to develop new ideas. Additional responsibilities include:
• Successful completion of a strategic project
• Presentation of strategic project to internal and external stakeholders
• Contribution to collaborative development and transfer projects
• Establishing internal network and close collaboration to maximize the impact of our activities
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 4 year University degree (Masters preferred) in Sports Marketing, Sports Management, or Business Management, Information systems, Information Management, or related fields
- Strong written and verbal communication/ presentation skills in English
- Direct Experience in the Sports and Entertainment industry, either with a team, league, association, (Sports) or an Entertainment company with experience in sales, marketing, or “fan engagement” related activities
- Strong Analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Active interest in innovative technologies
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently within a complex project environment
- Flexible working style and strong multicultural team skills
Entry level, up to 5 years of professional experience
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: C email@example.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations: No Selection
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.