We are seeking exceptionally talented graduate-level students who share our passion for innovation to be part of our Zone Creation Research Program at t he Climate Corporation office in Seattle, Washington.
What You Will Do:
- Support Climate’s efforts in Precision Agriculture by developing capabilities for advanced scripting of agronomic management practices
- Develop cutting-edge data-driven algorithms for automated zone delineation using diverse and complex data layers
- Learn the decision-making process in Climate’s Science organization and gain experience in building data-driven solutions for use in the Digital Ag industry
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a PhD degree program in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or a related discipline
- Theoretical and practical experience of machine learning and statistical modeling
- Demonstrated programming skills in R, Python, and/or other scientific computing language
- Practical experience with supervised/unsupervised clustering methodology
- Familiarity with spatial data
- Background in crop science
- Excellent entrepreneurial thinking, innovation, and real world problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills for effective interactions with senior business/R&D stakeholders as well as peer groups and team members
What We Offer:
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of top engineers, agronomists, and statisticians working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- We offer competitive pay and perks.
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks and drinks to get you through the day.
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company. (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll have the amazing opportunity to participate in one of our Biotechnology Tours where you get out of the office and into the field (literally) with agents and farmers.
- You’ll work in an award winning office with smart designs, large common areas and open floor plans that fuel collaboration.
- You’ll attend various company sponsored events, activities and off-sites – we make sure interns are having fun!
- We regularly host meet-up groups and tech-talks and encourage participation in relevant workshops and conferences
- You’ll have the opportunity to interaction with key executives and leadership.
The Climate Corporation, a subsidiary of Monsanto Company, aims to help all the world's farmers sustainably increase their productivity through the use of digital tools. The integrated Climate FieldView™ digital agriculture platform provides farmers with a comprehensive, connected suite of digital tools. Bringing together seamless field data collection, advanced agronomic modeling and local weather monitoring into simple mobile and web software solutions, Climate FieldView™ Prime, Climate FieldView™ Plus and Climate FieldView™ Pro give farmers a deeper understanding of their fields so they can make more informed operating decisions to optimize yields, maximize efficiency and reduce risk. For more information, please visit www.climate.com or follow the company on Twitter@climatecorp .
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.