Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Summer Internship Program includes:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- Expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connect with other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company
The Palo Alto Networks Data Science team uses data science and machine learning to solve problems throughout the company. In the words of one of our members: “we develop machine learning based highly scalable solutions to address cyber security challenges.” We are looking for a talented and motivated intern that can turn into a full time member of our team after they graduate.
- Design and deploy training pipelines on highly scalable distributed clusters
- Help us build our next generation machine learning solutions
- Innovate new ways to use existing technologies, incorporate novel open source technologies, and come up with their own solutions to our machine learning problems.
- Build models that help us classify and identify malware
- Work closely with teams of expert engineers and data scientists
- Excellent programmer; experience with distributed systems like Hadoop or Spark a big plus
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning algorithms that may include Naïve Bayes, Decision Trees, SVM, Logistic Regression, Classification, and Boosting
- Experience in Data Mining/Information Retrieval with large data
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Currently pursuing a BS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.