A great Data Science intern opportunity exists to utilize your energy and talent to work in a group that is central to the overall development of Hard Disk Drives (HDD) and Solid State Drives (SSD) at our design center in Shakopee, MN. This position reports to the Tools and Analytics Managing Principal Engineer.
In this position you will be an important contributor in the following:
- “Big Data” analysis and associated tools development across the life cycle of Seagate products to help identify issues and drive design changes in future products.
- You will be part of the extended Failure Analysis team solving challenging problems at the cutting edge of technology.
- Work across functional organizations with other engineers from all design groups as well as Manufacturing and Quality/Reliability.
- Perform data analysis as required to support overall failure analysis and design center activities.
- Develop knowledge of both HDD and SSD functionality and failure modes to support the data analysis
- Working towards a Masters degree in Engineering or Statistics with an emphasis on data analysis
- Good programming skills
- Candidate must be a highly motivated self starter that works well independently and within a team environment
- Experience with Python and/or R
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.