Head of Analytics, Director
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group
Head of Analytics, Director
The manager of the Enterprise Information Analytics is tasked with supporting the CDO in all aspects of enterprise analytics and reporting. This function will provide analytical services supporting enterprise performance management and reporting on effectiveness and conformity to policy. It will champion and collaborate with technology and business data leads on strategic data initiatives for real time, near real time and after the fact reporting. This function will serve as a center of excellence with business and technology teams for data science, predictive analytics and model management, enable data driven decision making improvement and drive innovation.
Manage the Enterprise Analytics organization and lead the team in realizing MUFG America’s vision of data managed as an asset. Perform data analytics across shared services data stores and create and manage services to measure effectiveness of data assets and data usage. Affect continuous improvement though data analysis. Partner with business and technology data teams to define and implement KPIs and measures. Drive understanding of how data is used and MIS is deployed in business, finance, risk and other functions within the enterprise. Advocate for the data lifecycle and serve as the connection and facilitation between business data and the technology analysis organizations and support the data lifecycle process, data quality, and data lineage and data management. Conduct assessments of the analytics and reporting services environments, champion continuous improvement initiatives and drive innovation. Contribute to the data acquisition playbook.
Ensure operational execution of daily responsibilities for the following functional areas:
- Enterprise performance management
- Operational business intelligence
- Predictive analytics
- Data science
- Model management
Bachelor’s degree and minimum 15 years related technology experience with significant people management responsibilities.
Candidate requires the following:
- A track record of success in implementation of large cross organization technology data projects
- Managed a team with both operational analytics and project responsibilities
- Experienced with enterprise analytics tools
- Has strong financial business data understanding and experience in data science and big data solutions
- Possesses a strong understanding of control systems and relevant technologies and how they interact with each other
- Has strong management, organizational and evaluative process skills
- Can analyze complex organizational and technical issues related to technology and identifies opportunities to improve performance and efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive business relationships with internal partners and external vendors
- Has strong leadership and people management skills to build a cohesive team of members capable of succession to more senior roles
- Has strong coaching, mentoring and team member development skill
- Has effective negotiation and influencing skills, including strong written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Has deep experience with IT infrastructure, IT application technologies and frameworks
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.