As a big data engineer, you will be helping to migrate and build new capabilities for KBM Group’s Data Services suite of products. We are expanding quickly into areas where scalability is key and our services need to be delivered in near real time. You will take part in defining how we use the various Apache Foundation Projects around Hadoop.
Currently the tightest fit of opportunities to technology is centered on HBase, Hive, Solr, Spark or Storm, Kafka, and the supporting technologies around gathering the data. The right candidate will know some or all of these technologies, have the willingness to learn what they don’t know, and a desire to build something incredible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with team members on the following:
- Build and deploy data collection and persistence components
- Build and deploy data aggregation, summarizations, and potentially analytic models. Work with the SDK team to expose metrics to our externally facing presence.
- Build and deploy high volume (frequency and size) extracts of data to support the Data Exchange
- Design and develop application features with the goals of maximizing performance, scalability, maintainability, quality, and extensibility
- Develop code using established OOD/OOP methodologies
- Work with development team to teach and learn best practices through peer collaboration
- Engage in Agile team practices such as backlog grooming, release planning, sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, and working towards incremental value
- Document code and processes clearly
- Develop unit tests and quality assurance procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Skilled in developing against Java, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, Unix/Shell Scripting
- Deep understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Demonstrated experience working on large projects
- Hands-on, motivated self-starter with ability to take direction and manage tasks with minimal supervision within an energized, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and listening skills
- Innovative and creative, able to champion new ideas and initiatives with attention to detail
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related degree
- 3+ years overall development experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in highly dynamic changing environment
- Demonstrates strong motivation
- Familiarity with digital advertising practices and audience targeting preferred
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.