State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
# of Positions 5
Job Type Professional/Technical
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Weekends Required Not Required
Why State Farm®?
Our commitment to customers makes us the No. 1 insurer of cars and homes in the United States.
This same commitment to our work force is how we got here and how we stay here. Our 90-year track record highlights State Farm as an employer of choice committed to providing career opportunities that last a lifetime.
From diverse backgrounds and talent, to meaningful work and comprehensive benefits, “Like a good neighbor…” isn't just a slogan. It's who we are and how we do business.
Check out our Video Gallery to learn more.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
- Builds new and/or modifies existing Data Warehousing (DW) and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to meet business and systems requirements through business requirements gathering, software component designing, coding, testing, and quality review
- Uses DW/BI toolsets to gather, store, and provide access to data to assist the Enterprise in making better business decisions
- Provides support to DW/BI solutions through application of architecture and development practices for guided and discovery analytic solutions, including data design, data movement, data access, and data visualization, and data quality/metadata techniques
- Provides consultation on analytic capabilities and enterprise integrated data assets to business partners in order to mature the Enterprise business intelligence vision and direction
- Consults with customers throughout the enterprise and within the department to analyze their research and information needs and determines analytical requirements for system application and data processing solutions, including the selection of appropriate data, tabulations, statistical methods and analysis, and communicating results and insights
- Provides analytics and insights to organizational leaders in response to their business questions through the use of data, tools, technologies, and BI discovery solutions
- Integrate and leverage Geographical Information Systems applications to enhance analytical capabilities and data visualization effectiveness for BI solutions delivery and support
- Applies industry best practices and promotes standards for BI solution execution and delivery approach
- Maintains an understanding of how technology can enhance and offer a range of solutions for our business partners, covering topics related to guided, discovery, and operational analytics
- Expands and applies subject matter expertise on internal business operations, and relevant external sources, analytical and quantitative techniques, and existing and new technologies
- Implements software solutions and resolve problems that decrease time to market, enhance flexibility, and embrace the solution provider mindset
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
- Technical knowledge and skills applicable to assigned area
- Problem solver
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate highly technical information for non technical customers
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects
ITEMS OF NOTE
This role will be associated with setting up and driving results in our newly formed analytical space. It involves working closely with Business Partners and determining best methods to review claim-related data and analyze existing trends. It will focus on project level business case development and high level solution design work for Service and Support.
- Design and Develop Analytic Solutions: Data Sourcing/Provisioning, Data Warehousing, Data Consumption including full Information Lifecycle Management
- Hands-on design and development utilizing multiple Database Management Systems: DB2, Postgres, Hadoop Ecosystem
- Ability to understand complex data and data relationships and define solutions at enterprise scale
DESIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:Proficient in the following:
- Experience with Analytic Techniques (Metrics, Regression, Grouping Methods, Multiple Equation Models) are a plus
- Experience with Graph DB's and Apache SPARK are a plus
Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Cognos, Business Object or QlikView) are a plus
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Industry (Insurance) knowledge strongly preferred.
- Ability to drive and lead projects.
- Leadership skills at a technical level.
- Deep technical data/business knowledge and how these apply to all the different data layers.
- Works across areas at a technical level to gain understanding and solutions at a data level.
- Level of autonomy – functions with limited/no direction
- Leadership – ability to delegate and manage the work of others.
- Self-learning – ability to grasp new concepts and technologies.
This position will have an 18-month incumbency period for a lateral move and a 6-month incumbency period for a promotional opportunity (beginning on the effective date of the position) which must be met before the employee can post for any other State Farm position. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan, Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
For more information about our company, careers and Total Rewards, visit www.statefarm.com/careers . You can also learn more about what to expect from our employment process here .
State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.