Do you have a passion for Hadoop?
Centric Consulting is hiring both full-time and contract Hadoop Developers for our rapidly growing Data and Analytics practice in Cincinnati.
What We Look For In Big Data Architects
- Consulting experience is strongly preferred. That said, we will also consider candidates with strong industry background.
- We want someone who likes to solve problems . Clients don’t come to us when the problem is easy. You must enjoy tackling the hard stuff.
- And because we work with clients, excellent communication skills are a must – both written and verbal. We need someone who is comfortable translating technical concepts into layman terms.
- Related, we are looking for someone with the spirit of an educator and thus gets excited about mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- We love creativity . Help us create new solutions, improve existing processes and solve problems innovatively.
- Last, but not least, you will need to be a proven Big Data Architect with experience designing and implementing solutions on a Hadoop platform. You must also be experienced with MapReduce, Hive and/or Sqoop.
- Supportive environment – We expect a lot from our Big Data Architects. But you won’t be asked to do it alone. You will have the full support of the Data & Analytics practice and everyone at Centric. We love to help people succeed.
- Growth opportunities – As a mid-size firm, we can be more flexible when it comes to career paths. Figure out what you want to do, and we’ll figure out how to get you there.
- Network of technology champions – There’s no fun in being the only geek in the room. We celebrate all things tech. For example, we hold a yearly gathering called Camp I/O. In the spirit of TEDx talks, Camp I/O is an opportunity for technology-minded people across Centric to get together and show off what they can do when not constrained by client requirements and platforms. Check out some of the innovative presentations from Camp I/O 2014 .
- Unique culture – Hands down, the people are the best part of Centric. But don’t take our word on it – check us out on Glassdoor , Facebook or Twitter to get a glimpse inside what makes us different.
- All-company (paid!) vacation trip – Who doesn’t want to go someplace warm in the winter?
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.