Semper Fortis Solutions, LLC
Semper Fortis Solutions, LLC (SFS), a Systems Engineering and Software Integration company with a deep background and strong focus on Information and Cyber Security is looking to fill several Hadoop Developer positions. SFS is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business seeking transitioning service members and talented professionals for our open positions as we’re growing quickly. At Semper Fortis Solutions we attract and retain top talent by offering opportunities to grow and advance your career in forward leaning technologies. We are passionate about what we do and the solutions that we bring to our government customer. We are seeking highly energetic individuals that enjoy technical challenges and working in small highly focused teams. Our culture revolves around innovation and creativity to solve our customer’s hardest problems with powerful solutions.
This project provides an opportunity to work with very forward leaning technologies and be creative in developing new solutions.
- An Active TS/SCI with CI or Full Scope Poly is required.
- Advanced skills in architecting and implementing HADOOP clusters and nodes.
- Experience dealing with lots of data and developing systems that scale accordingly.
- Experience with development in an Amazon Cloud using Cloudera and Amazon Machine Images (AMI) preferred.
- Basic understanding of Apache Spark, STORM, Data Lakes and data fusion
- Additional skills would include a basic understanding of encryption and the security aspects of storing and retrieving data.
- Ability to work in small teams, work well with others, and have a passion for technology.
- 5 years of experience using HDFS/HADOOP repository
- Experience with indexing data in a NoSQL database, key/value stores
- Experience with Cloud Technologies, OpenShift, containers
- Experience with cloud technologies and MapReduce
- Experience with Hive, Spark SQL
- Experience with Data Modeling and Schema development
Other Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with encryption and possibly HADOOP encryption services
- Understanding of key management concepts
- Ability to write C/C++/C#/Java software
- Past experience with using development environment with Agile methodologies
- BS or MS or PhD in engineering discipline – Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline
It is the policy of Semper Fortis Solutions, LLC to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Semper Fortis Solutions, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.