Carewise Health, Inc
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced data engineer or a recent Computer Science graduate to join a seasoned team in developing the Certilytics data logistics platform. This position will be based in Louisville, Kentucky.
We're looking for sharp, logical thinkers who aren't married to any particular software language and can easily adapt to our mix of technologies like Python, R, Pig, Java, Hive and Hadoop. This can be an excellent opportunity for a recent Computer Science graduate to build on practical business application while adding their own fresh prospective. We have a massive amount of data under all of this technology, excellent SQL skills (of any kind) will be ideal.
- Integrate data sources from internal and external data providers
- Implement process to clean, verify, and process data in file formats such as Excel, Word, PDF, XML, unstructured and delimited text format
- Assist in the development of ETL tools for data processing
- Design and develop applications to allow real-time querying across internal data sources
- Design and develop innovative ways to mine, index, and organize data from reports with unstructured data
- Design and manage data schemas and data warehouses
- Design and manage Hadoop, HBase and MongoDB database back-ends
- Develop data access APIs for other applications
- Five years of experience working as a data engineer, software engineer or architect, helpful.
- Highly motivated recent Computer Science graduate with the ability to apply new skills to real world business application
- Bachelor or associate degree, in Computer Science or related field
- Must have strong desire to build high performing, scalable, and secure solutions
- Strong experience developing applications in Java, Python or Scala
- Strong experience with SQL
- Strong experience with SDLC, build systems, version control systems, and unit tests
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, HBase or Cassandra
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with Linux operating system
- Basic understanding of statistics and data scienceExperience with natural language processing and machine learning technologies a plus
- Familiarity with Apache Spark, Hadoop and R a plus
- Familiarity with Healthcare data a plus
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and ability to resolve problems independently
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.