Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Hadoop Developer for our client in the Banking domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Months Contract
Location: Plano, TX 75024
Compensation: Market Rate
Role: Hadoop Developer
Role Description: The Hadoop Developer would need to have at least 3+ years of experience. This Candidate is expected to work independently to source the wholesale loans data from various upstream systems, consolidate them and generate the risk numbers.
The Hadoop Developer should be able to determine if the data received from the upstream systems are of good quality based on the rules and data quality validations defined and in case of any issues with the data quality analyze and come up with a preliminary summary of the root cause/issue.
The Hadoop Developer is expected to liaise with the business analysts, risk managers and other technology delivery manager. Considering the portfolio of products in review, the candidate should have strong domain knowledge in the field of Risk Management and various loan products in the Wholesale Banking domain.
He/ She should have 8-10 years of experience in handling batch processing systems that processes data in the volume of 100-500 GB during the monthly cycle.
– Work with the Business Analysts to understand the enhancements/changes being propagated in a particular release cycle, design and work on the coding and unit testing tasks.
– Work with the QA team during the SIT phase and support the SIT.
– Work with Platform Support team during UAT phase.
– Identify improvement areas within the application and work with the respective component teams to implement the same.
– Be a good team player.
– Flexibility in adapting to team requirements.
– Ensuring adherence to defined process and quality standards, best practices.
– Ensuring high quality levels in all deliverables.
– Adhere to team’s governing principles and policies.
– Participate in mandatory training and cross functions across team.
– Demonstrate enthusiasm and zeal to acquire domain knowledge.
– Participate and contribute to Team/Project Reviews.
– Actively involved in Process improvements and automations.
– Ability to troubleshoot issues and perform RCA at a short interval.
– Ability to think out of box and provide innovative solutions.
– Ability to work independently and take up E2E ownership of tasks.
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
– Good verbal and written communication skills.
– Experience in analyzing text, streams with emerging Hadoop-based Big Data, NoSQL.
– Analyzing data with Hive, Pig and HBase.
– 6+ years experience in UNIX and Shell Scripting.
– 3+ years experience in job scheduling tools like AutoSys.
– 3+ years experience in Pig and Hive Queries.
– 3+ years experience Hand on experience with Oozie.
– 3+ years experience in Importing and exporting the data using Sqoop from HDFS to Relational Database systems/mainframe and vice-versa.
– 3+ years experience in MapReduce.
– 6+ years experience in any one or more of the following databases – Netezza, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Serve.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Minimum 3+ years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: N/A
We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
Recruiter Name: Abhishek Malik
Recruiter Phone: 877.884.8834 (Ext: 2525)/ 412.200.1197 (Ext: 2525)
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.