Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
Project Proposal and planning :
• Provide inputs to the test manager on the effort estimation based on the understanding of the requirement if required.
• For small modules/ project.
• Participate in the client meeting to understand the requirement.
• Design KT plan (that includes KT scope, schedule, and deliverables like reverse KT document) and share the same with the customer.
• Provide status to the customer/ stakeholder on the KT session.
• Seek review inputs on reverse KT document from the Test Manager and customers.
• Provide training to the associates as a part of reverse KT.
• Upload customer details, application and testing artifacts.
• Create ROM (rough order magnitude) estimation to understand feasibility of the requirement.
• Support the Test Manager in performing high level impact analysis.
Test Requirements Study:
• For small modules/ project.
• Coordinate with BA at client side / refer the requirement document to understand the scope of requirements.
• Clarify doubts/ queries raised by offshore team regarding the clients' requirements.
• If required, seek clarification from the client on the same.
• Create ambiguity document (or clarification document) to track any clarification.
• Review testable requirements to ensure the test coverage.
• Identify gaps in the requirements and take actions to close the same.
• If requested, identify and document the test data requirement for the complicated projects.
• Review test data, screen flow documents etc Evaluate and identify various tools to aid test execution based on the understanding of the requirement.
• Identify test data source and tools to extract and validate the data generation.
• Guide team on data masking rule and tools, particular fields.
• Create the test strategy (that includes release date, type of testing, scope of the project, detail explanation of particular release, risk, critical defects).
• Seek review inputs from the Test Manager.
• Create test plans (covering scope, risk, responsibility, timelines, resource (Man /Machine), deployment, exit/entry criteria etc).
• Identify the skill sets required and resources for the project.
• Review/Create detailed estimate based on the scope and understanding of requirements.
For the small size projects:
• Create test data plan and test automation plan capturing the test data, volume/ data type.
• Seek review inputs from the Test Manager on the same.
• Conduct the POC to automate the process based on the requirements identified by the Test Manager.
Test Design :
• Identify the complex test scenarios based on the understanding of systems, interfaces and application.
• Review the test scenarios identified by the Sr Test Analyst.
• Seek review from the onsite team on the test scenarios.
• Review the test cases and traceability matrix to ensure total coverage of requirements.
• Seek signoff from the client /onsite team on test scenarios and test cases.
• Based on the changes in the requirement, identify regression scenario and the impacted areas on need basis.
• Create a plan to capture the details on activities and tools.
• Provide technical guidance to the team in execution of regression scenario.
• Oversee the test data required for the testing activity.
Only If required:
• Identify the test data based on the analysis of the requirements.
• Identify the test data requirements to ensure test coverage and share the same with the Sr Test Analyst.
• Seek approval from the stakeholders on the same.
• Provide technical and process guidance t o the team on the test coverage and test managements.
Test Execution/Functional Testing :
• Perform sanity testing to ensure system readiness for testing.
• Validate readiness of the test environment for test execution.
• Seek sign off from the client on the same.
• Perform System test Execution.
• Track the downtime and report the same to the client.
• Review the test results and clarify doubts/query raised by team during execution.
• Review the defects logged by team and assign it to the right owner.
• Monitor various builds delivered by the development team.
• Participate in defect triage meetings with onsite team and customer BA on periodic basis for defect prioritization and fix.
• Only for onsite coordinator.
• Support the team in conducting UAT/BUT if applicable.
Test Closure :
• Create/ Review the test summary report and share the same with the test lead for the review.
Defect Prevention/Leakage retrospection:
• Provide inputs for the defect prevention and leakage retrospection to the team.
Project Closure :
• Create lesson learnt document and corrective action and share it with the project team.
Production Support QA / Production Validation :
• Oversee the compliance to SLA metrics during the production support.
• Coordinate with QA and support team to follow the standard operating procedure.
Delivery Management :
• Track resource availability based on the criticality of the project.
• Take corrective steps to ensure project health.
• Assess the technical skills of the resources.
• Provide requisite training.
• Seek additional resources from test manager, if needed.
• Participate in a monthly governance meeting (Progress on each application, Utilization Report, Types of defects, Value add provided by the team, Improvements in the form of artifact creation, productivity etc).
• Track and Monitor metrics (productivity, effort deviation, schedule deviation etc) to Cognizant 20.
People Management :
• Understand aspirations of associates, identify programs and certifications, growth areas for associates based on aspirations, project requirements.
• Mentor associates and conduct one on one sessions to coach team members.
• Set goals for team members and monitor performance.
• Conduct performance appraisal for team members.
• Organize team initiatives on a periodic basis.
• Identify resources across the engagements for recognition.
• Address grievances when escalated.
• Identify skill gaps and assign trainings to be deployed to bridge skill gaps.
Knowledge Management :
• Create KT engagement level documents.
• Review KM documents related to project.
• Coordinate with team members, to upload the relevant document in knowledge management portals and keep it updated with the latest document.
Business and Technology Research :
• Understand trends in client requirements/ competitor insights, review/ analyze technical literature, analyst reports, emerging business needs to identify technology and QA trends or tools and identify opportunities to enhance Cognizant capabilities across different areas.
• (on need basis).
Stakeholder/ Client management :
• Review the daily deliverables and share it with the customers appropriately.
• Create and share weekly status reports with the client and daily status reports with the team.
• Facilitate calls between onsite and offshore teams to discuss the project status.
• Identify resources based on the estimation and required skill set.
Solution and Competency Development :
• Develop and build common reusable assets and accelerators framework that can be leveraged for newer engagements and across different verticals.
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US please send an email with your request to CareersNorthAmerica@cognizant.com
Proficiency Level *
Unix Shell Scripting
* Proficiency Legends
The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.
The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.
The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.
The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquarter
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.