Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield , a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care . This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Location: Columbia, MD or Richmond, VA
Solutions Engineer Advisor Senior will work with assigned business unit or corporate department, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle including responsibility for programming on specific application subsets of the company application portfolio. Will use various customer technology platforms. Hadoop Cloudera Data Integrations expert sought for this role!
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with all stakeholders- Business, Analyst, PM, the development team, test leads and release management- to make sure requirements are clear, systems impacts are analyzed, estimates are accurate, coding best practices are followed, ensure complete test coverage and traceability and plan release milestones for speed-to-delivery.
- Develop/ review analysis artifacts and lead execution phases of projects; be accountable for the technical design and development of high performance ETL software.
- Design and deliver Data integration solutions using Cloudera Hadoop, Netezza, Teradata, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server systems.
- Work with project managers to define detailed tasks and estimates for ETL related work on the assigned projects.
- Work with systems analysts to review requirements and provide technical responses.
- Provide technical support during both SIT and UAT testing and support these environments setup; Conduct performance testing.
- Conduct frequent code reviews to make sure quality is maintained; Conduct proactive data profiling to ensure data quality is maintained.
- Provide on-call support, join production outage calls to resolve production issues; work on root cause analysis of any production incident.
- Participate on continuous improvement activities for the team.
- Act as SME for one or more functional areas of RHI data exchanges- member, eligibility, claims, provider, benefits data and RHI CareGaps data.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training
- 7 or more years related experience.
- Multi platform experience and expert level experience with business and technical applications or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent Background.
- Data integration with Hadoop experience required
- Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, and provide troubleshooting support.
- Additional Technical Requirements: Hadoop Architecture and HDFS (CLoudera), Apache Sqoop, Impala and Hive, Programming in Spark, Unix.
- Multi database and/or multi language preferred.
- Netezza/Teradata experience a plus.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2016 Diversity Inc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.