Visible World is the leading provider of targeted TV advertising solutions. Our technology makes television advertising inventory more valuable for inventory holders, advertisers, and viewers. Visible World's HighYield tech stack is an end-to-end programmatic TV ad sell-side platform. Whether through programmatic sales infrastructure, household addressability, automated versioning, or Smart TV insights, Visible World offers the most complete automated solution for targeting, selling, and managing impression-based television ad campaigns.
Since 2000, we have been developing technology that makes TV advertising more efficient and effectivewe've been awarded 24 U.S. patents to date for technology we developed in house, and more are on the way. However, we're not just doing R&D. Today, Visible World empowers more than 300 advertisers to deliver more targeted, effective and accountable local TV ad campaigns to consumers in approximately 80% of U.S. cable homes in 210 DMAs and our household addressable footprint includes 3 million homes. Smart TV DNA is used by over a dozen leading networks to track their program promotion campaigns. Our AudienceXpress group is using the HighYield platform to lead the programmatic TV ad buying industry. Visible World employees operate at the cutting edge of TV technology. In June 2015, Visible World became a subsidiary of Comcast, joining one of the most innovative media and technology companies in the country. Come help us craft the future of TV.
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to join our growing Hadoop team. As a Big Data Engineer, you will be designing and coding reliable ETL pipelines and building scalable, low latency, near real-time applications using Spark, Scala, Python, and Hive. Collaborating with other Development, QA, and Product Management teams in an agile environment will be part of the job.
- Design and build data processing pipelines for structured and unstructured data using tools and frameworks in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Architect and develop applications that scale up to a Billion events per day
- Build streaming and real-time data analytic pipelines
- Implement and configure big data technologies as well as tune processes for performance at scale
- Solid software engineer with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- 1+ years of experience building production large scale big data applications
- Proficiency in a programming language, ideally Scala, Python, or Java
- Experience with big data interactive query technologies like Spark, Hive, or Impala
- Excellent communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Experience with Spark and/or Kafka
- Experience with Scala
- Experience tuning Hadoop jobs for better performance
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.