– Group Vice President – Security (REE0076H)
Group Vice President – Security
GROUP VICE PRESIDENT – Reed Security Group
Reed Exhibitions is the world's leading events business, with almost 500 events in over 43 countries. We are trusted worldwide to deliver market-leading events, where participants meet face to face to do business, to network and to learn and our extensive portfolio encompasses a wide range of sectors. They include construction, electronics, energy and alternative energy, engineering, entertainment, gifts and jewelry, healthcare, hospitality, interior design, logistics, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, real estate, recreation, security and safety, transport and travel.
Each year, our exhibitions and conferences bring together over 7 million active participants generating billions of dollars in business for its customers, and boosting the local economies where the events are hosted.
With over 3700 employees in 41 offices around the globe we serve 43 industries.
Reed Exhibitions is a member of the RELX Group, a FTSE 100 company.
Since 1981, there has been no better event in the industry to showcase technical knowledge, innovation and technologies to the highest quality of attendees.
Reed Exhibitions has a leading position in the physical and information security sector across the globe. Today, the group organizes the International Security Conference (ISC) in Las Vegas (ISC WEST), New York City (ISC EAST), CardNotPresent Expo (Orlando), Expo Seguridad-Mexico powered by ISC (Mexico City, DF) and ISC BRAZIL (Sao Paulo). ISC is supported by the Security Industry Association (SIA) and is regarded as the event to attend to stay ahead of fast changing trends. Globally, Reed Exhibitions organizes Infosecurity-Europe in the UK, Expo Protection in France and ISNR in Abu Dhabi. Today, the events are run as individual efforts, but in the future, Reed Exhibitions Security Group will aggregate these events together to form a strategic platform that offers the broadest array of education, technology and contacts to keep the world safe.
The Group Vice President (GVP) for Reed Security Group will report to the Senior Vice President for the Security portfolio. Reporting to the GVP will be the Industry Vice President for ISC, the Event Director for CardNotPresent and each Event Director assigned to each event that is launched. The future is bright as launches cover Unmanned Security, Connected Security, Connected Smart Home and more.
- Develop annual
- long range 3 year strategy for the group with a focus on moving events from physical security focus to converged connected security focus (IOT, IT, IOE)
- Develop annual short range 1 year strategy for the group
- Develop a system for identifying future trends and turning trends into actionable business opportunities for Reed Exhibitions
- Launching new segments and newsstand alone events – exhibitions, conferences, new formats
- Leading VP and Event Level personnel to implement strategy
- P&L Management
- Ability to meet with customers to gain insights, secure support for launches and initiatives and manage on going customer relationships
- Ability to develop and manage Association relationships at the CEO Level
- Grow business +10% annually
- BS Degree, Masters Preferred
- 5-7 years security industry experience
- Deep experience in developing and implementing strategy
- Prior Senior level leadership positions
Reed Exhibitions is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1-877-734-1938.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.