At Intel Security, we live for the challenge of protecting and liberating our customers by staying ahead of security based threats in our relentless search for safe. And in a world where computing and connected devices are everywhere, delivering on this mission has become imperative. There has never been a better time to be part of Intel Security and our family of McAfee products. We are working on new and exciting products & services that are built on cutting edge technologies. Our goal is to innovate and execute these products as well as be data driven in our pursuit to assess product opportunities and constantly evolve our offerings as deliver on protecting users' entire digital lives.
About this position:
The Intel Security Consumer Product Management team is looking for a Group Product Manager who will be responsible for and passionate about security for the next generation of connected devices including wearables and ultimately other connected devices described as internet of things (IoT).
This position will be based out of either Santa Clara, CA or Plano, TX
Reporting to the Head of Product Management at Intel Security, this segment of our business revolves around the protection of and the communication with this next generation of connected devices.
This position will allow a technical, execution-orientated, and passionate individual to have significant input to our future product portfolio through traditional product management responsibilities. You will work with customers and many internal functional areas including other Intel BU's, broader product management, engineering, marketing, strategy, and finance in effort to synthesize inputs into a set of strategies, product/feature proposals, requirements, roadmaps, and business plans.
This position will require extensive market evaluation and collaboration with broader Intel as we aim to extend Intel Security's leadership position in security across all evolving major digital platforms. You will be instrumental in Intel Security's drive to be a pioneer in the area of wearable and IoT Device security.
- Own the Intel Security Consumer Business Unit's Wearable/IoT product and solution strategy and definition in support of protecting a users' entire digital life.
- Assess the current Wearable and IoT markets as an input to recommended strategic direction and product definition or innovation. Utilize these strategic insights to identify unmet consumer needs and opportunities; effectively utilize metrics to demonstrate problems and indicate success parameters.
- Coordinate the collection, description, analysis, and prioritization of requests for new product functionality from internal Intel Security, broader Intel teams, and external partners and customers.
- Cross-functionally develop thorough and convincing metrics, analysis, and business cases to support product definitions and decisions around new product opportunities (organic, inorganic, partnerships).
- Own product roadmaps and business plans in association with the wearable/IoT solution opportunities.
- Develop Epics, Themes, and User Stories in support of key capabilities in line with Agile processes.
- Function as the Product Owner in our agile development environment to communicate needs, guide releases, collaborate with the product team, and drive decisions
- Evaluate the wearable/IoT security market landscape activity Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Present product and solution proposals to the executive leadership team in effort to gain support for productization.
· BA/BSE, CS, or other technical degree; MBA preferred
· 10+ years professional experience in product management, technical marketing, or engineering required within IoT, mobile, high-tech, software, or consumer electronics.
· Mobile experience a plus.
· An out of box thinker that is execution minded. Candidate must be able to draw conclusions to ambiguous and complex requirements or product proposals and create an executable plan.
· Experience in product definition and requirements generation.
· Experience in global customer/sales interaction and support.
· Exceptional analytical skills and conceptual thinking ability. Strong attention to detail.
· Experience in software development lifecycle processes and methodologies including agile required.
· Demonstrated acumen and success in interacting with and influencing management, customers, and partners.
· Ability to understand multiple view points and boil information into impartial analysis to solve problems and make clear decisions
· Must have strong relationship building, communication, and presentation skills.
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with ever changing/expanding responsibilities.
· 10-20% travel
Position of Trust
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.