Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company. Within our platforms, we serve a wide array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries. Within Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used within complex systems where our customers’ reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety, flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our service levels. Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,400 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit
Process & Motion Control
Rexnord Process & Motion Control (PMC) keeps industry moving with a broad portfolio of products, including gear drives, bearings, couplings, industrial chain and a wide range of conveyor components. Rexnord products and services enhance the reliability of equipment used worldwide, supporting industries such as transportation, bulk material handling, mining, energy and food & beverage. Our expertise and focus on customer service ensures that our customers have the right solution when they need it.
As Global Product Manager – Couplings and Shaft Management products within Rexnord’s Power & Motion Control Platform (PMC), you will serve the industrial world’s most demanding customers. You will work closely with our vertical marketing, application engineering, and commercial teams. You will build a deep understanding for customer needs through these partnerships in addition to market research. You will convert the customer’s unmet needs into robust product road maps helping expand and build our competitive value proposition. This position will also ensure quality, cost and delivery of your portfolio for the global coupling and shaft management products.
You will ultimately be accountable for achieving Revenue, Standard Margin and Market Share goals.
With a passion for creating new sources of value, we are looking for a successful candidate with a proven track record of delivering organic growth though superior industrial marketing as well as new product development and commercialization. Industrial experience, preferably within capital equipment sector, with highly-engineered products and complex B2B channels to market is highly desired. A history of delivering growth through partnerships and acquisitions as well as serving process-related manufacturing sectors is preferred.
This position will be based in
Rexnord’s Milwaukee, Wisconsin headquarters with domestic and international travel as needed to manage objectives.
- Understand the competitive landscape, collect VOC (voice of customer) and complete specific research projects in support of product planning process and develop pricing strategies and unique value propositions
- Support Field Sales to convert competitive installed base and achieve OEM First Fit through clear value propositions and commercial play books
- Orchestrate market and end-user research to understand segment competition and ensure that our roadmap is factoring in clear target user requirements and best available technology
- Work closely with the Global Shaft management engineering team to build robust project funnels and deliver on increased vitality; continuously curate and expand Product Engineering backlog
- Develop compelling business case(s) for key initiatives including detailed market and financial analysis
- Utilize new product development and value engineering (VAVE) as a growth and margin tool.
- Build a strong working partnership with other commercial operation, vertical marketing, and field sales to translate end market needs into actionable items on the roadmap
- Identify and prioritizing global product opportunities in both top line growth and profitability improvement, translating them into an explicit, actionable strategy/lifecycle plan
- Establish tradeoffs between competing interests and requirements to produce an achievable roadmap and predictable release cycles
- Ensure our teams have the training and tools to provide the best in class support to our customers
- Support the sales team and other cross functional groups, I and corporate marketing on segment strategy, action plans and execution
- Assist the Power Motion Control leadership as assigned to meet global business objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or business and broad knowledge of heavy engineering / industrial capitals goods sector.
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant business-to-business product management, product management or product marketing experience in the industrial manufacturing industry, preferably power transmission.
- Willingness to travel 25%
- Demonstrated ability to lead a high-performing team and to grow talent
- Proven record of success in dynamic matrix-organization environments
- Experience in Agile Product Management teams preferred
- Experience with SaaS/IoT/Big Data platforms is a plus
Capabilities and Success Factors
- Strong business analysis and strategy development skills
- Ability to evangelize new technology, predicts trends, and identifies new opportunities based on trends
- Ability to identify the customer’s business and strategic needs, concerns, and desires for the delivery capabilities of the products
- Ability to challenge product planning assumptions
- Interacts well at all levels of the organization and with others
- Engages proactively with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions
up and out and the ability to work independently
policy decisions with incomplete, conflicting information and uncertain long-term dynamics
- Competitive Salary
- Matching 401(k) contribution
- Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female / Sexual Orientation / Gender-Identity / Minority / Veteran / Disabled
Marketing & Communications
Oct 3, 2016, 7:13:09 PM
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.