This role will be responsible for helping to define, implement and maintain the global data model for the Treasury Management System: Wall street Suite (WSS), as part of the Treasury Process Data & Technology (PDT) WSS Center of Expertise (CoE).
The Treasury Center of Expertise is a new group that will be critical to the Treasury organization globally, ensuring Treasury's processes, data, and technology are enabling the business. This high-performing, global team will be required to understand Treasury's business needs and drivers, and become experts in Treasury's core processes and technology. The COE will ensure that the systems in place for Treasury are able to meet the needs of the business processes, and that those systems are continually improved and enhanced to support Cargill's growth.
The role will include the following activities:
• Establishing and managing the governance for static and conditional data in WSS, ensuring Treasury reporting and analytics requirements are met
• Project participation, lead and management
• Training system users.
• Documenting processes, policies, training and project related requirements
1. Establish and manage the governance for static data in WSS –
• Lead the definition and implementation of standards for the creation, review and maintenance of static and conditional data.
• Liaise with global Treasury users to ensure data set up and maintenance meets their ongoing requirements and adjust strategy or process if necessary.
• Oversee the execution of set up and completion of static/conditional data and system configuration in line with pre-agreed standards, to ensure adherence to Treasury/Cargill standards.
• Develop and maintain relationships with interested parties, including, but not limited to:
o WSS Domain Owners
o WSS Reporting Lead
o Cargill Business Services
o Business Leadership
o Cargill Data Management Solutions
o Global IT
o Cargill Business Units
o System and service vendors
o System user groups
To perform benchmarking to allow Treasury to stay abreast of new technologies and processes and enhance the support provided to Treasury and Cargill BUs.
• Provide advisory services: advise on best practice to Treasury users, Cargill BUs and functions, to ensure optimum efficiency and control.
• Create and implement controls necessary to proactively handle data related errors and exceptions and police adherence to standards, ensuring full exploitation of system functionality and consistent system usage globally.
• Work as part of the global CoE to develop metrics necessary to monitor data quality, system usage, cause and resolution time of issues and other KPIs.
• Create, review and distribute regular metric/control reports.
• Work with Domain Owners to define consistent data standards for use in Treasury systems.
• Work with Reporting Lead to ensure data standards support the reporting and analytics needs of the business.
• Execute regular peer reviews of process to verify adherence to policies.
2. Projects –
• Co-ordinate/project manage data-related procedural and system changes, with a global impact, participating as an SME where necessary.
• Participate in system deployments, upgrades and other Treasury-wide projects, acting as the Business Data Lead to assist solution build teams with:
o Data Plan creation and execution
o Requirements gathering
o Analysis of legacy system data and scope of conversion data
o Documentation of data requirements and standards
o Data cleansing
o Data mapping
o Testing and resultant issue resolution
o Data import/creation in WSS,
o Change management
o User training
o Implementation and Hyper care.
• Drive system optimization by acting as SME for ongoing review of current state processes vs available system functionality relating to data management. Research and understand market best practice. And analyze and lever services provided by Cargill Data Management Solutions and any third party suppliers. Participate in any resulting project/deployment.
• Apply ‘Straight Thru’ Processing’ concepts to all ‘To Be’ processes.
• Advise business on when/how to leverage new industry developments for Treasury used systems and market best practice.
• Work with business users to validate business requests for enhancements and produce supporting documentation.
• Act as SME in the global project prioritization process.
3. Training –
• Attend training and user conferences on Treasury-managed systems to ensure up to date and in-depth system knowledge. Utilize knowledge gained to appraise Treasury’s use of systems and propose changes where appropriate.
• Attain WSS Business Consultant Certification
• Develop training materials for the global CoE team, FSS teams supporting Treasury and other system users.
• Deliver training to users on Treasury systems.
• Evaluate effectiveness of training/user system knowledge
4. Documentation and Miscellaneous 5%
• Produce comprehensive and accurate documentation relating to:
o Data Set Up Standards
o CoE Data Processes
o Data Policies
o User guides and FAQs
o Project related documents
• Any other duties as assigned.
***This role requires the incumbent to be willing to travel for periods of approx. one to two weeks at a time. During certain phases of projects, this could be up to 20%.***
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
equivalent education standard, or relevant work experience
• 10+ years' experience in managing data and/or financial markets processes.
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
• Experience in business analysis within Treasury, or a financial markets function, including requirements gathering, process and system design, creating and executing test plans, reconciliation of issues identified during design or testing, design documentation and creation and delivering of user training materials, in either a formal Business Analyst role, or through participation in projects or process improvement initiatives.
• Experience working across multiple internal groups within a complex global organization, and across multiple regions and time zones.
• Experience working with third party technology and/or banking service providers.
• Experience working with data in at least one of the Treasury used systems (e.g. SAP (specifically FI and In House Cash modules), Wall Street Systems, AS400 applications (IRIS or JD Edwards).
• Project management, change management and/or business analysis skills.
• Proven knowledge of data management, operations, cash management or accounting processes.
• Excellent problem solving, communication and customer service skills.
• Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Effective conflict management and negotiation skills
• Effective team player, within culturally and geographically diverse workgroups.
• Advanced Microsoft Office product skills.
• 5+ years’ experience in operations, cash management or accounting.
• Project management skills.
• Experience of system implementation in a large global organization.
• Experience in business process redesign
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.