Recruitment range is $46,561 – $54,900. The Government Data Analytics Center (GDAC), an enterprise data integration/advanced analytics within the Data Division of the Department of Information Technology (DIT), seeks to utilize partnerships as part of a statewide data integration and data-sharing initiatives. The unit is responsible for the development of policies, procedures, governance and best practices for statewide data integration and business intelligence efforts at an enterprise level that will generate greater efficiencies in, and improved service delivery by, State agencies, departments, and institutions. The GDAC manages the design, development and support of the CJLEADS, NC FACTS, ECIDS, HIE, Health Analytics and other Data Analytics and Reporting programs, along with other expanding project priorities. By law, all data initiatives and activities must go through the GDAC.
This position will serve as the lead individual for providing customer support services to all GDAC Solution users. This position will be responsible for understanding and executing policies and procedures for all administrative functions of GDAC applications including CJ LEADS, NCSEAT, and other system access. Account maintenance, reporting and metrics tracking for all support functions will be the responsibility of the lead as well. This position will serve as the User Administration liaison between the GDAC team, users and the DIT Service Desk. Additionally, this position shall provide operational support for all GDAC applications including troubleshooting issues related to data availability, network connectivity, security and other web-based resources as they relate to the availability of all GDAC solutions as well as coordinating between data agency and vendor partner to implement technology changes and monitoring data loads from data agencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- The candidate must possess problem solving skills, strong analysis skills, and research capabilities to understand the data and business use of GDAC applications to develop and utilize creative and critical thinking in evaluating business challenges and developing viable solutions to meet those challenges, including providing operational support to a geographically diverse, 24×7 workforce in a variety of criminal justice positions.
- Strong knowledge of user administration activities to authorize and establish new users, support existing users, and terminate accounts as required
- Strong knowledge of identification and access management systems (1AM) such as NCID
- Strong knowledge of security procedures and customer support operations; strong experience with Incident management/Help Desk support software (such as Remedy) and Crystal Reports Scheduler
- Ability to organize and present clear oral and written reports of findings and recommendations, including training, end user documentation, and Help Desk support documentation
- Ability to communicate with cross functional teams at all levels of the organization including management and staff
- Ability to analyze, interpret, recommend, document and implement policy and procedural guidelines and provide leadership therein
- Proven experience with application systems operational support; monitor production applications and identify / communicate issues
- Provide team support with monitoring data loads and identify issues communicate with data agency and vendor partner to ensure
data is received prior to daily ETL
- Provide team support to resolve production issues for all GDAC applications assigned to the Production Services group
- Provide after hours, 24 x 7 on-call tier 2 help desk coverage on a rotating schedule with other Production Services Team members
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; ability to work independently with minim.al supervision; ability to plan, organize and execute duties
- Develop customer support materials, application administrator materials and end user training materials
- Working knowledge of end user training development, scheduling, registration and deployment;
- The candidate should also possess the ability to develop and maintain user database information utilizing Microsoft ACCESS and Excel.
NOTE: Candidates for this position must be a U.S. Citizen and undergo a background and fingerprint check as a requirement of employment with the GDAC.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Associate's degree in computer information technology, computer technology Integration, networking technology, or related area and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the position's role; or High school or General Educational Development (GED) diploma and two years of experience in the field of technology related to the position's role. Coursework in computer or information technology may be substituted year-for-year for the required experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Salary range for this position is $46,561 – $54,900 and will be commensurate with the applicant's competencies, as well as budget, equity and market considerations. Degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.