This position will be providing data development at a moderately complex level such as ETL Development and support for Guidewire DataHub (or Operational Data Store). This could include extension of the data model using ETL, setting up a conversion ETL processes from legacy systems to Guidewire, and Production support for current processes. This individual will work within a team environment that provides data resource development and support for several companies. They will be responsible for analyzing, designing and coding solutions for rapidly growing companies supporting the property & casualty insurance industry.
- Demonstrates a robust understanding of all business data processes/processing for a system, and the related data structures
- Can produce significant new system functionality or defect resolution with minimal direction
- Creates design specifications that demonstrate an understanding of most interfacing systems and supported business processes. (can understanding business processes go to the developer/analyst)
- Routinely proposes improvements to a data process and/or structure to improve supportability or usability.
- Can perform adequate peer review on any changes in the system
- Can be consulted to provide recommendations to solve business issues based on experience and knowledge of current technology
- Demonstrates understanding of data processes and/or structures
- Will be required to communicate with employees primarily up to the mid-level within both company and client companies.
- May provide mentorship to others
- May begin to develop sphere of influence with other teams.
- Will be required to communicate and coordinate within the team.
- May be responsible for on-call rotation.
- Some travel required up to 20%
Minimum Qualifications (Education/Experience/Certification/Skills) :
- 5+ years in technical development experience providing:
- Designing and Developing with ETL tools ( Data Stage, Informatica or Sap BODS)
- Experience with SSIS 2008/2012.
- Knowledge of best practices and software development process (full SDLC)
- 5 + yrs SQL experience(queries, stored procedures, functions)
- Must have demonstrated the capability of meeting the key accountabilities, or have the ability to learn/perform them
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university with emphasis in related field
- A self motivated individual with a passion for success
- Needs to be able to determine how changes impact customer and other systems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies
- Ability to work independently
- Strong customer and business focus
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.