Florida Polytechnic University
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged.
ERP Application Specialist
Job Description Summary
The successful applicant focus on the Workday implementation and post-production support in a System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) environment. This role will be responsible for the new Workday application business system support, select integrations with third-party systems and related administration, configuration support, tenant connectivity and security for integrations, backups for Poly, and select authentication and testing needs in the new ERP environment. The Workday Application Specialist will be directly involved in the ERP Implementation with consultants and be a key player in serving the University needs potentially across several administrative areas. This role will interact with a diverse staff in HR, procurement and purchasing, payroll, business and auxiliary operations and some student support areas. As a part of the IT team in Administrative Systems, the ERP Application Specialist efforts will also adhere to direction from the finance team, ERP Project Manager and consulting team during implementation, and span the systems lifecycle with an emphasis on architecture, automation and configuration, data flow expertise, integrations, monitoring, backups and sharing of data. This team player will utilize their expertise to manage systems from a variety of sources and assist with other systems integration and life cycle upgrades and implementations in the Administrative computing environment.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment to perform SDLC key tasks including administration, business systems support and automation, development, testing, implementation, documentation and enhancement updates as it relates to the ERP type of software and integrated system.
- Build and maintain application integration for systems modules, installations, user support, software add-ons and 3rd party systems.
- Understand data and business process flow, automate complex parameters, integration automation, systems scripting, and data security administration.
- Help with new system updates and functional regression test updates.
- Escalate issues to Named Support Contact as necessary.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues involving HR (HCM), finance, payroll, purchasing, and procurement and vendor information management, state of Florida processes and compliance, and related functional and technical operations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Identify ERP usage problems and craft technical/communication plans to IT/business teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations. Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from operational and technical perspective.
- Ability to work independently and engage supervisor as needed.
Solid business analysis skill. Must have good inter-personal skills and be able to mentor & motivate team members.
Experience documenting and analyzing processes, procedures, and/or policies.
Ability to handle full workload and meet proposed deadlines.
Strong interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse customer base as part of a well-performing IT Team.
Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
Excellent communication skills, both in person and in writing.
Flexibility and creativity in delivering objectives.
Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities.
Ability to be highly organized and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
Bachelor’s degree in an information technology, quantitative, scientific, or STEM related field with two years of experience in related positions; or Master's degree in an information technology, quantitative, scientific, or related field.
Bachelor’s degree (preferred Computer Science).
2+ years of experience with technical implementations of ERP projects.
2-5 years of experience functioning as an administrator or specialist.
Good understanding of systems architecture, user administration, general data networking, general data structures, scripting, integration techniques, and configuration of systems is required.
Experience in moving code from lower sandboxes to production environment and address issues related to functionality, user security, integration, and related testing, scripting and use case scenarios.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: The salary range is $48,000 – $52,000 based on qualifications and work experiences.
Application Deadline Date: The position is open until filled.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.