MOSAIC Technologies Group, Inc
MOSAIC is seeking a Data Modeler with superior interpersonal and communications skills to join our growing team
At MOSAIC Technologies Group each team member is a key player. MOSAIC provides consulting and technical services to Government and commercial clients in the areas of management, mission and technology. We know the value of our talent, and we work to provide challenging opportunities for each member that will cultivate careers as well as develop people. Our familial environment, competitive salary and benefits are a few of the ways that we take care of our people. In turn, our people take care of MOSAIC. If you believe in supporting your community, growing your career and working with committed colleagues then join us. MOSAIC wants you in the family.
This position provides Data Modeling support to the Enterprise Logical Data Model (ELDM) and specific customer mission requirements, as necessary. Specific duties include:
- Perform semantic data modeling for the ELDM, domain logical data models, and physical data model formats. Skills needed include Semantics, Ontology, Epistemology, Resource Description Framework (RDF) Schema (RDFS), OWL based technologies, Hadoop, SPRQL, XML, XSD, and Data Warehouse, and Oracle, SQL, and relational theory.
- Develop and maintain domain logical data model artifacts: Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), Physical Data Models (PDM), Interface Control Documents (ICD), data format specifications, model release documentation, user guides, data harmonization and mappings.
- Spend 10% of effort ensuring that domain logical data model work is aligned with the ELDM.
- Coordinate, meet, and hold Technical Peer Reviews with Subject Matter Authorities and Stakeholder communities to discuss and perform requirements and impact analysis to understand the data elements in their domains, relationships among those elements and interdependencies between models.
- Define and analyze data requirements, map legacy data stores and formats to logical and physical data models, propose standard ways for this information to be communicated between systems and stored within corporate databases, and perform architectural alignment of the ELDM and customer domain PDMs.
- Provide expertise in data harmonization and data modeling activities to support requirements and provide data modeling consulting to help Data Domain stakeholders develop new high quality data models and formats for exchange and storage in an agile fashion.
- Stay current with internal and external standards bodies and working groups that specifically focus on data modeling and data formats.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5-10 years of professional experience as a Software/Systems Engineer and 3-5 years as a Data Modeler on systems that encompass systems architecture, requirements analysis, process development and evaluation, and standards support; or 3-5 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
Required skills: Extensive working knowledge and practical use of data modeling techniques using Resource Description Framework (RDF) Schema (RDFS) and OWL based technologies. In addition, working experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) and XML technologies (XSDs and schemas, and XML generation), ontologies, and semantics. Experience using Sybase PowerDesigner is a plus, as well as knowledge of the ELDM, but not required.
MOSAIC Technologies Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.