Columbia Sportswear Company is a portfolio of Brands for active lives. From our flagship Columbia Brand to Mountain Hardwear, prAna and even the SOREL Brand….we are all about making products that get people closer to their passions.
So if you have a passion for all things active, we might have the right role for you. If you crave adventure, innovation, quality and – best of all – fun, this is where you belong. If you’re already reaching for your resume – good. Apply for a career with Columbia Sportswear Company today.
The Enterprise Data Architect will play a pivotal role in Columbia Sportswear architecture and strategy, maintaining big picture thinking and advocating effective enterprise data practices. This position will be a “thought leader” with both strategic and tactical responsibilities for developing and maintaining enterprise architecture foundations, along with the Director and the rest of the architecture team. The role will provide significant parts of the data architecture vision, principles and standards within the organization, and will collaborate on data architecture with teams across the company.
• Contribute significantly to enterprise data architecture strategy, vision, roadmap, and standards to meet business objectives.
• Analyze and document the current data architecture state, be a major contributor to the desired future state and create roadmaps to bridge the gaps, along with the rest of the architecture team.
• Actively improve efficiency of data distribution and integration, according to a unified data management strategy.
• Research and monitor data technology trends to provide guidance for strategic change. Make recommendations on the use of emerging data management technology.
• Consult with other architects and project team members define and validate data architectures across a wide variety of projects and systems.
• Create, maintain, and publish enterprise reference data architectures with appropriate level of detail.
• Develop standard patterns and practices that encompass technology selection and adoption, data architecture, data management and data distribution, to be advocated by the architecture team.
• Asses risk and opportunities for improvement in the landscape, and make concrete recommendations for implementation.
• Document the data ecosystem including: existing systems, platforms and solutions.
• Participate as a key member of the Architecture Team.
• Review project technical planning, data solution design, and data practices for alignment with standard practices and long-term strategy.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• B.S. / B.A. in Computer Science or related field or 10+ years related experience
• 10+ years of experience with Information Services data solution implementations
• 5+ years of experience with enterprise data warehouse design and implementation
• 5+ years of experience with data architecture with experience across a broad range of solutions
• 3+ years of experience with creating Business Intelligence solutions for end users
• 3+ years of experience with data management or data integration/conversion
• 3+ years of experience as a development technical lead or lead architect
• 3+ years of experience with data modelling, using industry tools (ER Studio, CA Erwin, or similar)
• 3+ years of experience with enterprise architecture governance workflow
• History of technology and data innovation in enterprise data ecosystems
• History of active self-directed study, industry research and technology analysis
• Excellent technical communication in a variety of modes.
• Proficient with Microsoft Visio and other diagramming and presentation tools
• Ability to participate and contribute in a team environment, and to work with users of all levels to architect innovative solutions.
• Effective interpersonal skills for technical collaboration and building agreement
• Sound judgment and decision-making, and an appropriate sense of urgency for driving process towards quality architecture engagement
• Experience with innovative, customer-centric data management teams
• Prior hands on experience with data management platforms used at Columbia (including: Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, Informatica, IBM Cognos, SAP BW, Tableau or other analytics tools)
• Current industry knowledge of forward-looking data technology (Big Data, Hadoop, cloud platforms, in memory databases, streaming data)
• Prior experience with industry security practices for protecting applications and data
• Experience with Agile project methodology
• Demonstrated understanding of:
o Data governance practices
o Master Data Management (MDM) platforms and practices
o Cloud computing concepts, platforms and technology
o Hosting, server and network infrastructure
• Prior exposure and broad knowledge of IS governance practices for IS projects
• Broad knowledge of apparel/footwear, supply chain and/or retail business processes
• Job requires hours that may occasionally exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity.
• Evening meetings and/or weekend work occasionally required to collaborate with people in other time zones and to ensure timely project completion.
• Some job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflicting and sometimes changing deadlines. Periodic travel may be required.
• The ability to sit and compute for extended periods.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
OTS-CO OTS-COL L
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.