Enterprise Data Architect
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Full-time / Part-time
Yes, 10 % of the Time
8:00 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday
Tier II – Credit Check
The Enterprise Data Architect defines the vision, strategy and principles for data management and business intelligence across the Credit Risk Management (CRM) business ensuring Federal Reserve System standards and frameworks are followed. This position is responsible for producing and implementing a scalable data governance framework and will serve as the liaison between the CRM business data subject-matter-expert representatives and the data solution development teams. The person in this position will apply industry best practice to all aspects of data architecture requiring a strong background in driving enterprise strategies that address data governance, data integration and data modeling to achieve the business needs for business intelligence.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Lead the formation of a data governance structure and framework. Serve as the liaison between the CRM business data subject-matter-expert representatives and the data solution development teams.
- Oversight of the CRM data management practices to ensure the data solution providers adhere to standards, frameworks and best practices.
- Lead the development of a data management strategy, framework and multi-year tactical roadmap. Ensure alignment to the business and IT strategic plans to achieve business objectives and goals.
- Lead the development of data standards, common tools and methodologies to ensure the portfolio of CRM data assets is maintained in a coherent manner.
- Represent SCRM IT on System-wide workgroups and communities and contributes to System standards, frameworks, tools and methodologies.
- Collaborate with the business architect to provide forward thinking, strategic input to the development of the SCRM business strategy and CRM IT strategy. Actively conduct research on emerging data technologies and practices to ensure the business remains innovative and relevant.
- Lead the development of a CRM data architecture that aligns with the enterprise information management architecture framework, industry best practices and FRS standards.
- Provides technical guidance to other CRM Data Architects assigned to technology studies and tactical projects. Supports other CRM Data Architects by serving as a sounding board and mentor. Participates on SCRM Software Review Board (SRB).
- Minimum of 8 years of experience related to data management architect responsibilties.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a team of professional employees, including experience with data systems from perspective of on-going day-to-day support, maintenance, enhancements and testing associated with certifying a release to production.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with relational database technology (i.e. MS SQL or Oracle).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information System, Computer Science or related field of study OR equivalent work experience.
- Experience and knowledge of Extract, Transfer and Load (ETL) tools (Informatica preferred), data quality tools (Informatica preferred) and Business Intelligence (WebFOCUS preferred).
- Hands on knowledge of the following 5 areas with deep knowledge in at least 3 of 5 areas and knowledge in the other two:
- Master Data Management
- Data Governance
- Data Stewardship
- Data Quality
- Metadata Management
- Experience in establishing a data governance program (processes and policies) and stewardship model.
- Ability to architect an Enterprise Data Management solution and provide business, governance and technical recommendations.
- Proficient in data modeling, integration technologies and business intelligence platform such as Erwin, Informatica, WebFOCUS, Tableau, and Business Objects.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral – with emphasis on the ability to clearly communicate program information (including status, project financials, progress, issues, expectations and deliverables) effectively to various stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to establish and maintain credibility with all levels of management and promote and cultivate quality.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in order to achieve a common goal, resolve conflicts and manage cross-functional and external relationships; demonstrated ability to negoticate and influence across organizational and management structures.
- Proficient in MS product such as Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, etc. and data modeling tools (i.e. Erwin, etc.).
- Proven pro-active, self-directed, results-oriented approach with demonstrated ability to meet IT objectives and achieve business goals.
- Expertise in building consensus and influencing outcomes among business and technical leaders.
Work Hours and Conditions
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Overtime as required by project schedules or management
1.) By federal law, this position requires that candidates fall within one of the following citizenship categories: (1) U.S. citizen, (2) U.S. national, (3) U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization, or (4) U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
2.) This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate’s experience and departmental needs.
3.) The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check credit check and drug screen.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.