Electric Power Research Institute
Engineer Scientist III – Data Analytics, PDU Transmission
Performs advanced engineering/scientific analysis with minimal direction and supervision. Beginning to demonstrate creativity and ingenuity in providing technical solutions. Works directly with EPRI staff and high interaction with members and industry.
• At direction of project manager and senior technical staff support development of asset management analytics.
o Demonstrated ability to work with SQL and databases, python (specifically including NumPy and SciPy for data manipulation and analysis)
o Statistics background and experience in use of R programming
o Ability to analyze large data sets and develop innovative data visualization approaches
• Assists project/program managers in assessing customer needs, formulating technical approaches, preparing proposals and making presentations.
• Assist project managers & senior technical staff in implementing project tasks.
• Conducts technical searches and analyzes information in support of the project team.
• Conducts independent research and begins to manage small, less complex projects
• Provides technical advice and counsel to other professionals within EPRI.
• Assists Project/Program managers in assessing customer needs, formulating technical approaches, preparing proposals, technical publications/papers, and making presentations.
• Reviews progress and evaluates results. Makes changes in methods, design or equipment where necessary.
• Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
Education Level and Years of Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required
• 4-5 years of engineering experience or comparable work/educational experience required.
• M.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis data analytics OR Ph.D. in data analytics or statistics preferred
• 3-5 years of previous experience working in electrical utility or equipment manufacturer in the area of data analytics preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Required some supervision and guidance to recognize strategic issues and build collaborative projects
• Responsible for the success of individual projects
• Works closely with contractors or staff to complete project research
• May participate in multiple projects
• Individual contributor
• May present research results to advisors or technical staff/members
• Starting to develop technical depth in 1-2 areas
• Focus on projects within a program
The Ideal Candidate:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills are required with emphasis on protection and control
• Familiarity with relay testing
• Ability to convey technical results effectively to other technical staff.
• Work at a team player under direction from senior technical staff & project managers.
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.