Embedded / IoT (Internet of Things) Software Engineer
Sugar Land – United States
The Embedded Software Engineer will work in the newly established Industrial Internet Center (IIC) with Internet of Things (IoT) and industrial control systems (ICS-OT) technologies connecting Schlumberger’s field equipment to the cloud, taking into account the special landscape of Oil & Gas environment. The role focuses on the IoT at the edge (including the devices).
In this role the person will work extensively with new technologies and systems to interconnect Schlumberger’s surface equipment with the respective cloud services. The engineer will be responsible to define architectures for data acquisition and transmission over different communication channels into a data cloud as well as the design and implementation of the defined solutions. The software engineer will work in close collaboration with engineers of other disciplines and product development teams located worldwide. The person will in their function also relate to the development teams for the cloud services and cloud application domain to ensure a consistent and systematic, scalable and robust software system enabling reliable data transmission from the edge devices.
Another important part of the role is the constant technology watch on upcoming new trends and methods for the connection of Industrial IoT devices through various communication channels into cloud based services. It is expected that the successful candidate will actively contribute in establishing an overall architecture of IIoT systems taking into consideration the existing legacy deployed landscape of Schlumberger.
- Designs scaleable architectures and distributed services, leverages existing technology, for Industrial IoT or Industrial Automation applications.
- Design & implement embedded software for instrumentation, control and automation, including Real Time data acquisition systems.
- Develops systems for autonomous / unmanned usage including functionality for remote management, upgrade and failure analysis.
- Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- May author technical reports, papers, articles, patents, and presentations.
- Evaluates, defines and communicates new standard methods and concepts of IIoT technology.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor / Masters in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and minimum 3 years experience in the relevant profession.
- Demonstrated related experience may be substituted for education.
- Understanding of Microprocessor & DSP based hardware design, ability to read and understand schematics and manufacturer datasheets of components.
- Experience in using various hardware & software tools used in development & debugging; like emulator, simulator, modeling, scopes, logics analyzer, etc.
- Knowledge of Real Time Operating System, Matlab, Object Oriented Design Methodology.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Knowledge in one of the communication methods like MQTT, RabbitMQ, CoAP, Google Pub/Sub, RESTful API.
- Knowledge in provisioning, commissioning and remote device management in the context of IoT.
- Experience in Linux environment
- Agile and iterative development.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.