Location(s): CO – Denver
Do you want to have a vital role supporting the infrastructure that provides electricity to millions of homes and businesses? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? Consider a position with Xcel Energy’s electric distribution team.
Xcel Energy has an opening for an Electric System Operating In Training Step 1 in Denver, Colorado.
This position is responsible for the safe and reliable operation of the Electric Distribution System in PSCo Colorado jurisdiction.
- EMERGENCY RESPONSE: Assess all outages and emergency situations, develop service restoration and emergency response plans, and direct the implementation of the plans. Document restoration data and review elements of the process for improvement opportunities
- REAL TIME SYSTEM MONITORING: Monitor the Electric Distribution System using EMS, NMS, SCADA, and other computer tools. Address customer concerns and resolutions including government and community electric service issues
- NMS Switch Plans (SP): Review, approve, and direct system switching procedures using the NMS system. Prepare emergency switching requests and procedures. Perform Switching Authority duties and responsibilities for all work under their jurisdiction
- WORKLOAD PLANNING/PRIORITIZATION: Prioritize outage, emergency response requests and non-outage service orders and dispatch to field personnel. Schedule and assign work to dispatchers, substation operators, troubleman, district reps, etc. to meet workload requirements.
- CUSTOMER INTERACTION: Initiate and respond to major customer telephone calls regarding outages and other service concerns. Answer fire, police, and other public authority emergency calls and respond with company resources accordingly. Communicate with internal management on affects of customer outages and emergencies as required
- EFFICIENCY: Oversee work direction for efficient and effective operation of the distribution system and balance the needs for service reliability and response with cost-effective practices
- As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
- Technical requirements include demonstrated knowledge of the electric distribution system design, operation, maintenance, and performance.
- Education: Two years of Post Secondary training in electricity or electric distribution with five years of experience in electric utility operations; or completion of an Xcel or equivalent lineman apprenticeship with three years lineman/troubleman experience; or four years engineering degree with three years experience in electric utility distribution.
- Experience: Combined five or more years of education and related electric distribution experience.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts and respond to emergencies and overtime requirements.
- Possess excellent verbal and communication skills and computer skills.
- Able to work both alone and in a team environment under extreme workload and emergency conditions.
- Must have successfully score on the Behavioral Assessment
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO – Denver || CO – Denver || United States (US) || Utilities and Corporate Servic || 61520:G&E Control Center PSC || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 6181
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.