Director of Analytics & Business Intelligence
Easter Seals Bay Area is in a period of expanded vision and planned growth! This is an exciting time to join our dynamic team of people who are passionate about their work! Join us and let's make a difference together!
Essential Job Functions:
The Director of Analytics & Business Intelligence reports to the CFO and develops and implements a process to identify management's intelligence needs; gathers the related information; analyzes the relevant information; provides timely reports to be acted upon based on the analyses; and implements the recommendations of intelligence reporting and management. This position will entail strategic and critical thinking, consulting, analytics, persuasion, problem-solving and project management to provide leadership, facilitation, and coordination in the resolution of highly critical and sensitive issues and projects of enterprise-wide and/or cross functional impact.
- Provide business intelligence support to the ESBA executive team
- Participate in management meetings related to intelligence reporting.
- Provide related intelligence reporting to the organization. Provide status reporting to CFO, President/CEO and Executive Team as well as related performance reporting.
- Prepare presentations for the Senior Management Team.
- Support ESBA’s business functions
- Identify the intelligence needs of each department through communications with leadership; duties specific to this function may include the assessment of the following: what decisions need to be made, why decisions need to be made, when decisions need to be made, and who will use the intelligence to make the decisions.
- Develop an understanding of each department's role within ESBA; maintain an advanced knowledge of their needs in the high-tech industry to remain competitive.
- Gather information for project-related research; analyze that information; and produce reports based on the analyses.
- Support planning processes across all functions and departments driving appropriate coordination, education, reporting and analysis.
- Improve performance across the business by analyzing business results and identifying areas in which ESBA can drive productivity and efficiency.
- Provide market intelligence to enable key organizational decisions
- Research and analyze areas of interest to the organization which will allow ESBA to gain a competitive advantage.
- Monitor fields of interest to the organization, such as technology in the political/legal frameworks.
- Monitor internal and external environments for development of new business processes.
- Perform market research and analysis.
- Maintain communications with direct contacts used for ongoing monitoring of the external environment and project-related research.
- Incumbent will spend time in direct contact with competitive market: surveys and/or questionnaires, focus groups, and collaborative visits.
- Incumbent will spend time in direct contact with non-competitive market: industry analysts, financial analysts, and universities.
- Monitor the legislative progress of the local and national governments to gain insight.
- Develop and implement a virtual library of information gathered from published sources; content may include competition's filings, government's filings, industry publications, and local/national/international press.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of trends affecting the industry in all relevant areas including political and legal.
- Support and develop the BI function at ESBA
- Identify the BI tools and infrastructure that will enable ESBA to develop and maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace and enable the organization to deliver outstanding patient care.
- Implement the recommendations of intelligence reporting and management. Prioritize, plan, and track project progress.
- Drive the talent management and development function within the BI function.
- Propel ESBA toward a self-service BI analytics framework.
- Develop and maintain a high degree of familiarity with BI trends, functions, and technologies.
- Attend educational, industry wide events.
- Ensure continued development of emerging BI skills and awareness of BI technologies.
- Integrate new BI tools within ESBA according to the organization’s needs and stage of BI infrastructure development.
- Foster and develop a data-driven culture across all of ESBA
- Establish and communicate a vision of data-driven decision making throughout ESBA.
- Instill a data-driven mindset with all employees at ESBA with each employee interaction.
- Create a mindset of identifying methods for obtaining data when it is not initially available, such as through setting up and running experiments, creating surveys, conducting interviews, identifying existing research findings, etc.
- Delineate business processes that ingrain the use of data.
- Balance the need for data in decision making without “analysis paralysis”.
- Develop tutorials for ESBA employees on the use of data driven methods and mindsets.
- Collaborate effectively with various departments and employees within the organization.
- Support organization-wide initiatives.
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement.
- Attends staff meetings, trainings, and other meetings as requested.
- Responsible to complete additional job duties as assigned by Manager.
Minimum Education and Experience Equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum 6-10 years of operational finance or business planning, forecasting and analysis experience.
Qualifications (Skills & Abilities):
- Exceptional financial modeling and scenario analysis skills, with an expert understanding of Microsoft Excel, SQL, Tableau, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with BI programs/tools such as Oracle, IBM, Tableau, or similar.
- Experience with ETL or OLAP a plus.
- Familiarity with building and developing data warehouses.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, in particular, understanding key financial and operating drivers of the business.
- Familiarity and comfort with enterprise level ERP systems and reporting tools.
- Data mining and reporting writing skills or knowledge of to help drive broader company analysis.
- Ability to automate reports for repeated consumption.
- Knowledge of Adaptive Insights software highly desired.
- Ability to understand broad business issues while completing detailed work.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks against deadlines and adapt to a changing and fast-paced environment. Highly organized.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm to drive results with a team-oriented approach; must be self-motivated and proactive.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and high level of comfort presenting analysis and information to business colleagues.
- Strong initiative to identify, seek and accept new challenges, with a high level of curiosity and creativity as it relates to new projects, and finding solutio
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.