The Marketing Science Director will report directly to the Sr. Director, Strategic Decision Support and will be a functional lead for advanced analytics. This role will have responsibility for direct reports.
As a functional lead, the incumbent is responsible for establishing a functional center of excellence which includes ensuring the replication of existing best practices across Therapeutic areas as well as discovering and scaling new best practices. Also included is establishing and providing the learning and development pathways for the team.
The Marketing Science Director is accountable for developing and delivering advanced commercial analytical services and continuous improvement through best practices to address the following:
* Market opportunity identification/assessment
* Customer segmentation and targeting
* Influence modeling and network evaluation
* Local Market Insight
* Lever assessment/Promotional response analytics
* Multi-channel promotional targeting and evaluation
* Identification and uses of new data sources & techniques
In addition to these management responsibilities, the incumbent will be responsible for delivering analyses in support of these areas as required as well as analyses in support of advancing analytical innovation and capability development.
This role is responsible for the day to day & project related activities of the Central Marketing Science team and is the functional lead for the brand deployed Marketing Science team. This individual must ensure proper stakeholder communication and alignment on the value of new approaches. Strong interpersonal skills and talents for influencing without authority are required.
The Marketing Science Director is also a highly consultative role requiring the establishment and maintenance of relationships with multiple stakeholders as a trusted advisor to ensure that business decisions are based on evidence derived from rigorous analysis using the best information available.
This role is reserved for candidates with prior experience leading analytical groups. The incumbent must also demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills. Those who will qualify for this position are both well versed in analytic techniques, but also have demonstrated an ability to synthesize analyses for practical application in driving marketing and sales performance.
* Articulating the departmental vision and how its achievement delivers value to the broader AZ objectives/priorities.
* Helps lead the overall Marketing Science department by participating in the development and implementation of key priorities, strategy, plans and objectives.
* Championing the use of advanced analytics in evidence based decision making.
* Leading departmental efforts in furthering analytical innovation with a lens of practical application.
* Clearly articulate business problems, recommend solutions and the resulting business implications
* Leading and delivering analytical projects including appropriate recommended actions.
* Recruiting, developing and retaining talent, and ensuring strong succession plan.
* Developing the team in analytical capabilities and business knowledge.
* Fostering analytical innovation thru involvement with internal and external (pharma and non-pharma) analytical communities.
* Involvement in, as needed/appropriate, cross functional and other teams helping the overall business of AstraZeneca to continually evolve and improve.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.