SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, Marketing Analytics for the Film department. A key member of a newly created team tasked with combining financial, customer and retail data to determine key drivers of digital growth for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment’s (WBHE) transactional film business. Role includes working across the organization and with external vendors to lead and facilitate price optimization analyses, consumer analytics dashboards, media testing and channel analyses with the purpose of accelerating WB’s film growth across digital platforms, including cable, satellite, IPTV and broadband partners.
The Director, Marketing Analytics should be a seasoned professional with a track record of integrating and analyzing large sets of data to develop actionable insights and business strategies. Key to success in this position will be an strong understanding of experimental design coupled with a deep analytical skillset, including the ability to integrate and analyze divergent sets of data (eg. Consumer, retail, social and sales data) to better understand the drivers of digital consumption and how those drivers can be leveraged to further WBHE’s goals, strategies and opportunities for category growth. The Director will collaborate with cross-functional colleagues across Finance, Sales, Marketing, Legal, etc.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop, execute and analyze price tests across digital and physical channels with the goal of maximizing revenue for the Studio’s film library. Experience in experimental design desired.
- Recommend optimal pricing strategies in line with WBHE’s business objectives and based on analyses of digital and physical pricing and sales data, consumer insights and market dynamics.
- Manage day-to-day interaction with external parties (eg. Academic institutions, Consultants, etc.) on strategic projects/ proprietary studies involving price, customer analytics and product placement analyses, with the goal of evangelizing results and incorporating strategic recommendations into business.
- Collaborate with international territories to share U.S. insights and best practices around price and media testing, pricing strategy and customer-level analytics.
- Develop consumer analytics dashboards to help track customer growth and engagement across partner platforms. Conduct ad hoc queries to help WBHE’s film business unit better identify digital strategies that are contributing to customer growth and migration to higher margin transactions. Combine first party anonymized customer data with 3
party research reports to better understand customer base.
- Work across the Film Business unit and Sales functions to evangelize results from tests/analyses.
- Effectively balance internal analytics and research capabilities, with usage of external vendors and consultants to efficiently deliver best practices and optimal business outcomes.
- BA/BS degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Data Science preferred.
- MS or PhD in degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Data Science preferred.
- Minimum 10 years progressive leadership experience in large scale data analysis, including pricing, consumer insights/research, strategy or consulting.
- Extensive experience with statistical and econometric software, tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of advanced analytics software, such as R, Python, SQL, MATLAB or SAS.
- Strong working knowledge of visualization tools like Tableau is preferred.
- Extensive experience with price testing, including experimental design is strongly preferred.
- Experience with customer segmentation/customer-level analyses preferred.
- Experience in consumer pricing decisions in multi-channel environment are particularly helpful.
- Database experience to query and extract relevant data and/or Business Objects experience a plus.
- Demonstrated strong financial and mathematical modeling skills.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate multiple data sources (including sales data, customer data, primary and secondary research, social media) into clear actionable insights and business strategies.
- Proven advanced working knowledge of analytical techniques in statistics and econometrics. Ability to design predictive models using observational data and experiment design.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build partnerships and influence stakeholders and decision making at all levels of a matrix organization.
- Proven track record of innovation and challenging accepted wisdom.
- Demonstrated ability to dig deep and deliver causal insights.
- Demonstrated strong collaborative, consultative, project management, organizational and people development skills.
- Knowledge of entertainment industry, specifically digital distribution landscape.
- Experience working in a deadline oriented environment with a high attention to product quality.
- Must be a self starter with energy, strong work ethic, drive and determination to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task in previous work environments and be able to set priorities, stay focused, and set clear milestones.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.