Thornburg Investment Management
Thornburg Investment Management is a privately-owned global investment firm that offers a range of solutions for retail and institutional investors. We are driven by our mission to help our clients reach their long-term financial goals through fundamental research and active portfolio management. Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico, we manage approximately $53 billion (as of September 30, 2016) across eight equity and eleven bond mutual funds, separate accounts for high-net-worth investors and institutional accounts, and five UCITS funds for non-U.S. investors.
At Thornburg, we value integrity and believe in doing the right thing for our company and our clients. Our culture promotes teamwork, while providing opportunities for our employees to learn and grow in their professional careers. In 2015 Thornburg was named one of New Mexico's Best Places to Work.
Director, Enterprise Data Management and Analytics will lead the organization's overall data management strategy, ongoing development of our data governance program and oversight of market data vendors. In addition, the role will oversee analytics projects to provide information critical to our core business. The role will also educate internal partners on the value of organized data storage, data governance and data analytics for business growth and strategy.
• Manage TIM’s Enterprise Data Management and Analytics (EDMA) team.
• Defines and articulates systems/data needs of business and acts as intermediary between data consumers and IT.
• Builds strong strategic relationships with key vendors and internal business partners.
• Partner with business units to understand critical issues and devise, develop, and implement credible and sustainable solutions.
• Collaborates with key stakeholders to define and integrate all data management policies.
• Defines vision, scope and objectives for overall data management and data governance.
• Collaborates with management to identify and resolve potential data challenges, overlaps and integration points.
• Provides a vision for the future of TIM’s data management, data governance and data analytics.
• Develops and enhances data accessibility, level of integration, and ownership roles and responsibilities.
• Identifies and provides strategic direction for new approaches to efficiently and effectively manage our data, working in close partnership with IT and enterprise-wide resources.
• Develops understanding of TIM’s current and future Data Management strategy working closely with all departments and SMEs throughout the organization.
• Undergraduate degree, preferably in Information Systems and/or Finance.
• MBA preferred.
• 5+ years of proven success leading a team.
• 5+ years' experience in data management, data governance and analytics.
• Experience at a financial services firm.
• Experience working with a variety of data and system vendors.
• Experience in applying advanced data analytics.
• Experience in working with large structured and unstructured data sets.
• A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations.
• Work productively and communicate well in a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Proactive, creative and self-starting nature.
• Enthusiasm, positive attitude, and a drive to succeed are critical.
• Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time
Thornburg Investment Management is an EEO employer.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.