has helped more than 34 million Americans pay for college since 1972. With more than 40 years of experience, Sallie Mae offers a wide range of private education loans, retail bank products, insurance products, and other education-related services to help families save, plan, and responsibly pay for college.
The same passion we have for helping customers is applied to helping our employees achieve professional and personal growth. At Sallie Mae, you will have the opportunity to apply your experience and build a career path that will unlock your potential.
With a wide range of opportunities available, we invite you to join our growing team and help students make their dreams of higher education a reality. Start your career search today.
- Acts as a data sciences technology expert for SallieMae, with a particular focus on all aspects of current, new, and emerging technology and strategy relating to all aspects of data.
- Recommends and promotes data systems architectures that best leverage the organization's data assets, resources, and capabilities.
- Provides deep insight into internal & external factors affecting technology build or buy decisions.
- Supports business team initiatives with innovative, cross functional solutions
Strategy & Execution
- Evaluates and proposes new technologies or configuration of existing technology platforms to best utilize organizational assets.
- Monitors and reports on performance of technology systems within the datawarehouse, business intelligence, analytics, and data science domains.
- Evaluates existing processes and procedures for optimization opportunities, recommends the appropriate implementation methodology, and in some cases manages the deployment of such solutions.
- Leads technology Proof of Concept exercises, providing a framework and evaluation criteria used to compare architectures, vendor packages, and configuration options.
- Ensures that all systems in the datawarehouse, business intelligence, analytics, and data science domains are maintained at the appropriate versions and assists in upgrading them as necessary.
Leadership & Relationship Management
- Acts as a liaison between Technology and Business teams, focusing on bridging the gap between what is desired and what is technically possible.
- Builds relationships with other Technology teams in an effort to ensure that the datawarehouse and complementing systems are involved early in their design process and more in-tune with their desired outcomes.
- Works closely with all members of the datawarehouse and business solutions team to help grow their understanding of all the technologies available to us.
- Acts as “feet on the ground” for Technology senior management, keeping them abreast of any new developments, processes, or potential risks to the organization.
- MS or BS degree in Computer Sciences (or equivalent work experience)
- MBA preferred
- Over 10 years of demonstrated thought leadership in technology
- Extensive experience building and presenting technology roadmaps or strategies
- Strong track record of developing and delivering technology solutions that meet or exceed expectations
- Over 10 years of technology management/leadership experience, with increasing responsibility & scope
- Strong track record building rapport and consensus with peer technology and/or business teams
- Demonstrated experience mentoring other team members
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Soft Skills
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to analyze, organize, and distill complex technology concepts into simpler terms
- Ability to present technology information in an easily consumable way to a variety of audiences; up, down and across the organization
- Technical Skills (required) —
- Data Concepts, Models, and Frameworks
- Database Systems and Architectures
- Relational (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Massively Parallel Systems (Netezza, Teradata, Exadata)
- Big Data / Unstructured (Hadoop-based)
- Analytical Systems Architectures
- Business Intelligence (BI) Systems and Architectures
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems and Architectures
- Data Management Systems and Architectures
- ETL, Data Governance, Data Profiling
- Technical Skills (nice to have / optional) —
- Exceptional Technical troubleshooting skills
- System Architectures (physical and virtual)
- Networking Concepts and Architectures
- Application Development Models (agile, scrum, or waterfall)
- Program and/or Project Management
EEO Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America. Sallie Mae is a drug free workplace.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.