Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Do you have a passion for solving complex business challenges leveraging your quantitative background? Comcast has several opportunities for Statisticians, Data Scientists, and Quants to join the rapidly growing Advanced Analytics organization within the Business Intelligence Group. Recognizing the power of technology, data, and computational science to transform the business, Comcast has formed the BI group and Advanced Analytics team consisting of world class business minds and scientists to drive transformational change through evidence-based decision making at the company. As member of the Advanced Analytics team, you are a team leader who leverages internal and external data to provide insights and information to enable the optimal facts-based decision making process. You will provide leadership and input into strategy, analysis methods, and tool selection. Your work will revolve around understanding complex businesses, large and complex data manipulation, model building, model validation, model implementation and ensuring all model documentation provides full model transparency. To help you grow your career, you'll also have some responsibilities including managing and or providing direct guidance to junior staff and contributing to team development, driving innovative ideas, and further developing necessary analytics skills aligned with delivering powerful presentations and effective stakeholder relationship skills.
Job Summary: Responsible for leading a department or multiple functional areas which develop and provide insight into our customers, business operations, and products based upon the collection, analysis, and modelling of company data. Provides leadership and direction for multiple functional areas. Manages professionals at manager, supervisor and professional levels. Ensures appropriate resources to achieve financial and business objectives. Influences, shapes, and integrates strategy for functional area(s).
- Oversees development and usage of quantitative research tools and models to address client business problems and ensures that these tools are successfully deployed.
- Develops and communicates goals, strategies, tactics, project plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach goals.
- Develops and manages budget to ensure required resources are available.
- Defines the information, reporting, and analytical needs of the company. Develops goals, strategies, and plans needed to achieve the vision.
- Serves as strategic leader of a functional area within the organization (e.g., marketing, operations, care, etc.) that has rapport with senior leaders to achieve departmental objectives.
- Oversees program teams that develop and provide customer, product, and business operation insights, and analysis to improve and enhance companywide decision making.
- Ensures the effectiveness of projects, programs, and teams.
- Ensures the department implements and utilizes the industry best practices and technology required to provide insights, analysis and modelling for the company.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Developing actionable quantitative marketing models in the areas of marketing effectiveness, ROI, pricing and optimization.
- Frequent meeting/communication with clients to interpret their needs, plan/organize, and discuss progress and results
- Assist in making sophisticated modeling approachable to non-modelers
- Participate in developing overall company strategy
- Build and refine predictive and descriptive statistical models to improve insights, enhance data-driven business strategies, and drive improved profitability
- Build, review, and improve the actual code that solves complex data manipulation problems
- Develop next-generation analytic approaches where current generation approaches are not adequate
- Thoroughly document the thinking and the details to enable future analysts to pick the work up
- Review, direct, guide, inspire the analytical work of more junior staff
- Present updates, insights, and final recommendations with influence to diverse audiences
- Develop material and conduct training for both technical and business colleagues
Day to Day activities:
- Partner with internal and external clients to identify business opportunities and develop robust advanced analytics solutions (e.g., predictive models, LTV, propensity models)
- Lead large scale projects that utilize online & offline data, structured & unstructured data, set- top box data (media/behavioral/attitudinal) to build customer centric models and optimization tools
- Help to build out advanced analytics product/offering to drive broader adoption and growth of capability
- Serve as strategic advisor to internal and external clients in marketing & advanced analytics
- Partner with marketing, finance and field ops teams in developing & executing real-time targeting & optimization platforms
- Mentor and train junior team members in advanced analytics techniques
- Graduate degree in quantitative field (e.g., mathematics, statistics, economics, and data sciences). PhD's preferred.
- Advanced data mining and predictive modeling skills (e.g., regression, segmentation, machine learning, SEM, MCMC, Bayesian, boosting, cross-validation)
- Advanced statistical software user (SAS strongly preferred w/ SAS/STAT, SAS/MACRO, E- Miner)
- Experience with Experimental test design (A/B split, full factorial, fractional factorial)
- Passionate about the future of data analytics and a desire to help shape it
- Analytical and decisive Strategic thinker, flexible problem solver, great listener and team orientation
- Able to effectively communicate the and inspire others to innovate and deliver
- Impeccable attention to detail and very strong ability to convert complex data into insights and action plans.
- Keen ability to visualize data through graphing/ charting/ information display skills (strong Power Point skills are essential)
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are needed along with top-tier communication and listening skills
- 3+ years working within an enterprise data warehouse environment or Big Data architecture
- 6+ years of experience in developing statistical targeting models using SAS and or R and or SPSS with Strong SQL skills a plus.
- 6+ years of business experience in an advanced analytics role within marketing, research or similar groups
- Comfortable working with large, complex data sources.
- Large scale data aggregation and processing
- Modeling and data mining within marketing
- Translating analytic insights into sharp, actionable business and marketing implications
- Advanced quantitative reasoning
- Ability to partner with internal and external clients
- Verbal reasoning and communication skil
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.