Are you interested in “Digitally Transforming” our customers and partners with a new generation of Intelligent Machines, Systems, and Services? If so, the IoT (Internet of Things), TnR (Technology and Research) and C+E (Cloud and Enterprise) Business Development Team is the place for you. In IoT, TnR and C+E BD we partner with groups across Microsoft to: develop product strategy, deliver on inorganic growth requirements, secure industry partnership, drive technical partner engagements, create new business models and commercial agreements to truly shape the industries we serve with the Microsoft Intelligent Cloud. By 2020, 50B machines will be directly or indirectly connected to intelligent cloud services. These are services that include: Azure IaaS, PaaS (IoT, Data Ingestion, Event Processing, Data Platform and Analytics, Machine Learning), SaaS (Power BI, Dynamics, Office 365) and Artificial Intelligence (Cognitive Services, Cortana). These new Intelligent Services present a significant opportunity for Microsoft to truly partner with our customers on Digital Transformations with new services, value sharing business models, and operational efficiencies that will significantly reduce costs and drive revenue for our customers. As part of the IoT, TnR and C+E BD Team, you will play an instrumental role in shaping and delivering impact through the Digital Transformation initiative in partnership with Engineering, SMSG, EPG, DX, MCS, Finance, LCA, Marketing and PR.
Core Job Responsibilities:
– Accelerate Digital transformation of target customers and partners
– Define value proposition hypotheses with customers and industry partners
– Analyze customer/partner requirements and prioritize scenarios and features for development
– Develop deep domain expertise in Cloud Platform, IoT, Data Platform, Analytics and advanced technologies e.g. AI/ML
– Develop a deep understanding of customer/partner products and services
– Drive alignment within Microsoft and customers/partners on product strategy
– Develop product roadmaps focusing on Microsoft product and Microsoft ecosystem capabilities
– Identify and build relationships with key technology and system integration partners, to develop the capabilities that Microsoft needs in this space.
– Plan and rigorously execute well-structured POCs/pilots and v1 commercial deployment
– Microsoft cross-organization orchestration: Work with multiple product teams and business disciplines (sales, marketing, services, finance, legal, operations and PR) to develop and implement Microsoft’s offerings
Successful candidates will first and foremost demonstrate strong leadership abilities including innate capacity for strategic thought, maturity and polish to develop trusted relationships with senior leaders internally and externally, powerful intellectual curiosity, and a relentless drive with a high energy level to get things done. A successful candidate for this position should also have experience successfully driving the roadmap for a significant new product initiative (including close partnership with engineering to maintain focus, rigor and execution excellence) and creating product vision that balances the needs of end users and partners.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have…
– At least 10 years of Technical Program Management and Partner Management experience. Additional Business Development experience will be a plus.
– Passion for the Cloud, IoT, Data Analytics and Advance Technology (ML/AI) space
– Desire to work on a v1 product, and demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-moving fluid environment
– Great communication and collaboration skills, internally and with major external partners
– Great technical skills and solid understanding of Microsoft’s cloud, data platform, analytics, AI/ML, cognitive services technologies
– Experience designing, developing and shipping high quality software and services
– Experience in creating industry partnerships.
– Global System Integrator partnership experience preferred
– BS/BA or equivalent degree. MBA will be a plus.
– Candidates should have high fluency (written and spoken, business and technical) in English, and solid familiarity with US and international business and social culture in Europe and Asia. The role will involve travel to Europe and/or Asia (25-35% typically).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.