Director, Business Analytics & Insights
We are seeking an exceptional, passionate and highly strategic business leader to drive business analytics & insights for Symantec’s Website Security Business Unit. The successful candidate will lead the analytics and insights team for the BU and will serve as part of the Strategy and Operations team. This position will be responsible for leading a team with a mission of supporting strategic and tactical decision making, planning, forecasting, competitive intelligence, information management, resource allocation and performance monitoring.
The ideal individual will be both visionary and pragmatic, and someone who is passionate about cybersecurity and learning. We are looking for natural problem-solvers who are very comfortable with data and ambiguity, have deep business acumen, and are able to both delve into the details and engage meaningfully on the overall strategy. He/she needs to be able to work effectively across a functional environment. The location of this position is in Mountain View, CA.
• Work closely with the GM and BU leadership team to understand the key business needs and drive the Website Security analytics agenda
• Create and deploy tools to automate analytics dashboards that help drive the business decision making
• Deliver insightful analysis and recommendations that can be acted upon by the BU
• Cultivate meaningful relationships with other functions in BU (e.g. Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Sales Operations, and Finance.) and communicate effectively at all levels
• Partner to ensure strategic decisions are supported through data and analysis.
• Identify and track key metrics to improve visibility of competitor actions and performance.
• Lead and mentor high performance team
• Proactive and passionate: You are independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
• High-energy, team-first attitude: You are motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business.
• Deep business acumen: You can understand the overall business and the critical questions that need to be answered through analytics
• Highly analytical: You are an analytical ninja, with experience decomposing and solving real world business problems, ideally building/using advanced Excel models.
• Concise and effective communications: You are eloquent and able to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership.
• Undergraduate degree in science, mathematics, engineering or any quantitative major from a highly ranked school. MBA from a highly ranked university preferred. We're looking for individuals that have exceeded at the highest levels (Bachelor + top tier consulting experience acceptable)
• 10+ years of business experience working in an analytic capacity in fields such as management consulting, risk management, marketing analytics, or financial analysis. Top Tier management consulting or investment banking experience preferred.
• Experienced in managing teams
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.