Director AEC Thought Leadership
Location: Boston, MA
The Director AEC Thought Leadership Strategy will be an integral part of Architecture Engineering and Construction (AEC) Business Strategy and Marketing (BSM) senior management team. This individual will report to the VP of AEC Strategy and Marketing and will have cross team responsibilities to influence Product Lines, Marketing and Sales. The ideal candidate will be both an external and internal source of industry information, insight, and direction and will be responsible for establishing a global thought leadership strategy/platform for Autodesk within the AEC industry.
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
The AEC-BSM team provides complete focus on the business, GTM strategies, and operational plans for all segments associated to the AEC Industry. Within AEC and Autodesk you will be one of the go-to industry experts. As such you’ll find that your primary focus can be categorized into three principal duties and responsibilities, outlined below.
Your Three Principal Responsibilities:
- Research & Writing:
- Provide forward thinking industry guidance – based on analysis of global trends, challenges and technology solutions – to create a platform that will shape our customers' work, internal partners' industry assessment, and the AEC industry
- Evangelize Externally:
- Evangelize Autodesk AEC thought leadership platform through participation in global industry councils/boards, keynote speeches, panel discussions, executive briefings with customers and contributed articles and whitepapers
- Proactively find global speaking and content contribution opportunities
- Campaign Internally:
- Provide industry insight and process innovations that will help steer Autodesk's AEC business direction within the next 3 – 7 years
- Virtual member of senior Product Management and Marketing teams, providing feedback on industry trends and implications and guiding long-term vision and strategy
- Help facilitate short-long term alignment between Product, Marketing and Sales teams
Your Areas of Expertise:
- Experience must include a solid understanding of at least 2 of the following AEC Professionals: Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Operators
- Experience must include a solid understanding of at least 2 of the following AEC sub-segments: Building, Roads and highways, Plant, Water management
- Experience must include a solid understanding of at least 2 major geographies
- Broad knowledge of building technology processes and trends (i.e. BIM, Data Management, Prefabrication, IOT, sustainable design, enhanced workflows, etc.)
- Masters Degree in Architecture, and/or Engineering and/or Construction, MBA a plus
Requirements for this Role
- Considerable experience in the AEC industry. The selected candidate must be able to speak to AEC customers and internal stakeholders with credibility based on his or her deep experience and domain expertise.
- Strategic thinker who can manage long term short term, cross product, and cross-divisional projects
- Well established relationships within the AEC industry
- Well established record of public speaking and presenting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent ability to work with a virtual cross-functional team
- Exceptional ability to interact with and influence senior management effectively
- Ability to travel 50-65% of time (domestic and international)
- Demonstrated ability to connect industry trends to short-term implications
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, set priorities
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.