Philips Lighting is poised to be one of the top global players in the Internet of Things (IoT) space. The company, already a top-class technology multi-national, is rapidly transforming from global leader of LED Lighting to the leader of connected and digital lighting. We are transforming lighting solutions into new concepts that connect people, places, and devices in a whole new way.
We are the leading provider of lighting systems, services, and applications both for professional and consumer markets. Our products and systems are built for world-class light quality, energy management, information management, lighting experience, safety and value creation for homes, cities, offices, industry buildings, retail chains, hotels etc.
We are currently building a world-class IoT platform. Our aim is to provide the industrial-grade common infrastructure to support the rapid and efficient creation and operation of high value-added products, systems, and services by all Philips Lighting businesses. At the heart of this IoT platform is the Data and Analytics Platform team, providing the infrastructure and expertise to collect and process really Big Data, originating from the ubiquitous lighting infrastructure, our customers, and our business processes, in order to support differentiated systems and data-enabled services.
If you are a talented and driven individual looking for an opportunity to work in the cutting-edge of the IoT industry, become part of a high-energy, high-talent team located in the Greater Boston area, and make a strong impact on the transformation of a global leading company and the industry, we want to talk to you about joining our team!
- You are a senior member of the IoT Data and Analytics Platform development team and you are responsible for implementing software components of highly available, scalable, and robust cloud services.
- You are working closely with the IoT Data and Analytics Platform technical and product management team to translate system architecture and product requirements into well implemented software components.
- You are responsible of taking ownership of the implementation of individual software components, with high emphasis on quality, test-driven development, and sound software engineering practices.
- You are responsible for implementing highly optimized data analytics processing algorithms on big data batch and stream processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop MapReduce, Spark, etc).
- You participate in software design reviews, you conduct peer code reviews, and provide input and feedback to other members of the development team.
- You are responsible for writing unit, functional, regression tests for the code you create, and you contribute to the test automation, continuous integration and deployment processes together with everyone else in the development team.
You are a member of one of the IoT Data and Analytics Platform scrum teams. You are the owner of the areas of your responsibility, but you are also providing input to the overall decision making process as it relates to your team
We offer you to work in a global brand, world-leading multinational. We will support your personal and professional development. This position that carries with it a competitive salary and benefits package.
We are looking for:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related Engineering is required, a Masters degree is desirable
8+ years of proven, hands-on track-record as a software developer in cloud-enabled products
3+ years in teams applying modern agile software development practices
Excellent expertise in object oriented programming (Java is required) and one or more of Python, Golang, Scala, and Shell scripting.
Experience in Machine Learning and Big Data technologies, e.g. Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Flume, NoSQL stores (e.g. HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB etc), and RDBMS is desirable.
Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies and/or RESTful Web services
Experience in Test Automation frameworks and Test-Driven Development practices
Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact with other members of the product and engineering teams.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, well-being and continuous learning. Making an impact through meaningful innovation starts here. Apply today!
Visit our careers website to learn more about Philips Lighting or introduce yourself on our Talent Community .
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.