The Data Warehouse Sr. Engineer is part of the Data Warehousing team, reporting to the Manager of Data Warehousing. The Data Warehouse Sr. Engineer has responsibilities that support and complement the ETL Engineers and the Business Intelligence Engineers on the Data Warehouse Team. This includes participation in requirements gathering, analysis of source data systems, data modeling, and implementing ETL processes to populate the warehouse. It also includes development of semantic layers, creating reports using BI tools, and providing second-tier support to power users.
- Three years working in a data warehouse or business intelligence development role required.
- Bachelor's degree OR equivalent combination of education/experience combined (one year of education equals one year of experience) required.
- SQL ad-hoc query writing and SQL stored procedure writing, using at least one of these database systems: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, or MySQL required.
- Must have a combination of skills in either Business Intelligence or ETL, or both required.
- Business Intelligence skills including use of at least one of SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence, SAP Lumira, Crystal Reports, Microsoft SSRS, or Tableau required.
- ETL skills would include a working knowledge with Microsoft SSIS or Informatica required.
- Demonstrated ability working with data warehouses and data marts designed to deliver analytics, data integration, and BI reporting on an enterprise basis required.
- Five years working in a data warehouse development role preferred.
- Prior experience within an analytics department at a large health system or health information technology company preferred.
- Experience with leading healthcare information systems (Epic, Cerner, McKesson, GE) preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, MIS, Engineering or related field preferred.
- Big Data technologies such as HANA and Hadoop preferred.
- OLAP data discovery tools such as Essbase and Microsoft SSAS preferred.
- Statistical Analysis tools (SPSS, SAS, R, Stata, Python, MATLAB, etc.) preferred.
- Data Quality tools for profiling, standardization, validation, enrichment, etc. preferred.
- Data modeling experience and familiarly with those design tools, such as Erwin or PowerDesigner preferred.
- Experience with version control software such as Tortoise SVN or Microsoft TFS preferred.
- Microsoft SSIS experience preferred.
- Epic certification in one or more application preferred.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.