The Mount Sinai Health
Do you have what it
takes to wear the badge?
The Mount Sinai Health
System's commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health
care. The System's ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated,
nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our
leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a
workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai's mission of delivering
innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to
discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the
badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new
chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You'll Do:
The Data Warehouse Developer/Analyst designs, tests, implements, maintains and controls the Mount Sinai Data Warehouse, with the overarching goal of accelerating translational research and improving clinical care.
The incumbent will develop databases across multiple platforms, technologies (e.g., physical, relational and object oriented) and computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server) for Sinai-specific and NIH-funded national resources and projects. The incumbent will design, develop and manages these resources in a high performance computing and data warehousing environment, utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Designs, tests, implements, maintains and controls Sinai's research-oriented databases (e.g., physical, relational and objective oriented) for major national and regional projects and data sharing initiatives such as the Data Submission and Repository portal of the NIEHS-funded national Children's Health Exposure Analysis Resource (CHEAR), and the data submissions and study support for the NYC-Clinical Data Research Network (CDRN).
2. Works closely with technical management and researcher-clients to design and implement databases and database support tools in support of complex business application development requirements and processes (e.g., diverse development platforms, technological environments, software, hardware, tools, etc.).
3. Supports, designs and manages upgrades to Sinai-developed software that interacts with these databases, such as the Cohort Query Tool.
4. Monitors transaction activities and assists in the utilization of databases.
5. Responsible for the integrity and security of data in master files.
6. Assists in the development of standards and procedures affecting database management, design and maintenance.
7. Establishes and maintains databases for user tests and production purposes.
8. Trains user groups on procedures and standards.
9. May act as a project leader.
10. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; Advanced degree preferred.
Five years minimum experience in the design and administration of logical and relational databases in diverse technological environments. Strong ETL development experience.
Must understand the systems development process and have a solid understanding of business processes. Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative and communication skills, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with clients and other IT management and staff.
Over 35,000 employees
strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide
compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine
through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse
communities we serve.
Formed in September
2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School
of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including
Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai
Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke's,
and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.