Systems & Technology Research
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is seeking data scientists and machine learning researchers to support an exciting new project in the Washington, DC area. This posting is for a full time position that requires an active TS//SCI clearance with a full scope polygraph.
At STR (www.stresearch.com), we harness the power of technology to solve challenging national security problems. Our nation’s military and intelligence services employ advanced technologies at all echelons, from central commands to battlefields, to create strategic and tactical advantage. Our mission is to provide this advantage through the development and delivery of innovative sensors and information processing capabilities. Applications include data analytics, cyber security, video and image understanding, and command and control.
STR is a small, employee-owned, rapidly growing business focused on research and development (R&D) for the defense and intelligence communities. STR has approximately 100 employees at sites in Woburn, MA, Dayton, OH and Arlington, VA. We are a nationally recognized leader in research areas including data analytics, sensors and signal processing, electronic warfare, cyber, video and image understanding, command and control, and precision navigation. Several programs have transitioned advanced technology to military and intelligence users. While our primary focus is on serving US Government customers, we are pursuing commercial applications as well.
- Develop tools and techniques for characterizing the statistical structure of very large, multi-modal data sets, which can be applied to problems in graph analytics, text analytics, activity-based intelligence, and discovery of patterns of life.
- Implement advanced machine learning algorithms using probabilistic graphical models to estimate the states and evolution of dynamical systems
- Collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team to research new data exploitation and machine learning algorithms and system concepts
- Interact with military and intelligence users to identify and implement mission-centric technical capabilities
- Transition and integrate software solutions in larger military and intelligence systems
- Position may involve travel to customer meetings and/or data collections and experiments
STR seeks to provide an outstanding work environment for its employees with excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Full-time employees enjoy 401(k), profit sharing, health and welfare benefits, subsidies for training and conference attendance to foster continued learning and development, and a casual yet intellectually challenging work environment. Arlington site employees are provided with a stipend for parking or public transportation. Join our dynamic entrepreneurial team, become part of our fast growing company, help us make a difference in the world, and share in our continuing success.
STR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- US citizenship is required , must have an active TS//SCI clearance with a full scope Polygraph
- Must be able to work on site in the Arlington, VA area
- PhD, MS, or BS degree with relevant experience in computer science, applied mathematics, electrical engineering, physics, or related technical discipline
- Strong scientific programming skills in Python, Java, MATLAB, and/or C/C++
- Ability to rapidly prototype new algorithm concepts and ideas and make insightful decisions on research directions to enhance system performance
- Ability to translate customer requirements into focused technical activities
- Strong communication skills and the ability to describe complex concepts to fellow researchers as well as to non-technical audiences
- Level of experience is flexible
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.