As the world’s largest research organization, Nielsen is powered by talented creative scientists. Our Data Scientists come from diverse disciplines such as statistics, research methodology, mathematics, psychology, business, engineering and demography. These professionals drive innovation, new product ideation, experimental design and testing, complex analysis and delivery of data insights.
This Data Scientist position will be part of our TV Analytics & Client Inquiries team within the Data Science, TV Product organization. This team supports many cross-functional teams such as Data Science Product Enhancement, Data Science Methods, Data Science Business Leadership, Product Leadership, Watch Operations, and Client Services.
- Support analyses for Data Science teams including custom analyses, client inquires, impact of changing methodologies, standards and best practices.
- Works with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and test audience measurement methodologies.
- Learn and become an expert in Local TV Nielsen knowledge, with a focus on weighting and computations and new methodologies.
- Learn and become an expert in how big data flows through Nielsen systems.
- Respond to client inquiries: Examine analysis specifications for completeness, determine how to execute the analysis with available data, modify specifications as needed, provide an estimated delivery date, deliver analyses on time and accurately with a summary of the key insights.
- Convert existing SAS or C code to Python code and perform quality tests.
- Write custom Python code from scratch.
- Key tasks include – but are not limited to – trend analyses, identifying methodological and process improvements, representation/ sampling, bias reduction, indirect estimation, data integration, automation, generalization, harmonization as well as working with different data sources.
- Pro-actively gather information, as needed, to work independently and with a team.
- Support in addressing major quality escapes.
- Preferred Master’s degree in Statistics, Social Science, Operation Research, Mathematics or Computer Science with outstanding analytical expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years applicable experience will also be considered.
- Must be proficient with Python, including Pandas, Numpy, and SciKit
- Must be proficient in SQL and large-scale databases.
- Must have ability to manipulate, analyze, interpret large data sources, and tell a story from data through analyses
- Must have strong communication/writing skills
- Must have ability to work alone and with a team
- Must have desire to grow as an expert in Local TV Audience Measurement for a long term career
- Preferred proficiency in Unix and one statistical package, SAS or R
- Demonstrate interest in Nielsen methodologies, data collection, platforms, research processes and operations.
- Experience in some of the following: trend analyses, survey research, multivariate statistics (parametric/ non-parametric), sampling, standard error estimateion, bias reduction, indirect estimation, data aggregation techniques, automation, generalization.
- Preferred experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, Microstrategy)
- Preferred experience in big data technologies and machine learning
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
North America-US-FL-Tampa Bay
Yes, 10 % of the Time
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.