This is an exciting opportunity to join Expedia’s Search Marketing group. We are looking for a self-motivated, driven and independent candidate who will have end to end ownership over driving impact to SEO, one of Expedia’s biggest Marketing channels.
Our team tackles complex business problems by finding the balance of data and analysis with business acumen. We embrace Expedia’s toughest challenges across Google & Bing and deliver innovative solutions using big data mining and statistical methods that maximize ROI. With great access to the latest technology this could be an exciting position for someone who likes to explore and deeply understand Search Marketing.
- Leverage ‘big data’ native to Search Marketing to enhance and extend Marketing insight.
- Explore new data sources via APIs and scraping. Storing and manipulating data in AWS or similar.
- Text Analytics: Understand the effect of text content on performance and build solutions that endorse successful text elements.
- Discover and define your own work – great sense of ownership and pro-actively finding opportunity.
- Set up multi-variate testing to measure the impact of on-going campaigns and new initiatives.
- Built strong relationships with the Marketing team and communicate findings to business and technical audiences across the company.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL
- Strong working knowledge in at least one of Java, Python and/or R
- Experienced in Excel
- Experienced with Omniture/ Google Analytics
- Critical thinker, problem solver
- Working knowledge in machine learning techniques such as Bayesian Methods, Clustering, Decision Trees, Linear and Non-Linear Programming, Random Forests, SVM, and etc.
- Working knowledge of NLP techniques
- Familiarity with AWS and Qubole
- Familiarity with Search Marketing
- Strong business analytics skills (MVT, Attribution & Measurement)
- Experienced in Reporting and Business Intelligence (Tableau, Qlikview etc.)
- Highly collaborative, used to work in a consensus driven culture
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field
- Proven track-record of professional experience
- Experience with big data environments
- Fun and easy to work with!
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.