OlsonSmith Solutions, LLC
The principal data scientist role will be responsible for modeling complex engineering and operational problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities thru analytic skills, this role will also be proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets including time series data, designing specialized database and computing environments, and communicating results.
The role will work closely with geo-scientists, project/program managers, and IT teams to turn oil and gas data into critical information available, and validate findings using an experimental and iterative approach.
The successful candidate will need to be able to present back their findings to the business by focusing on the specific business value while exposing their assumptions and validation work in a way that can be easily understood by the business stakeholders.
Business focus, strong analytical & problem solving skills and programming knowledge will be required to quickly cycle hypothesis thru the discovery phase of the project.
* Focusing on business value of providing solutions – adapt statistical methods to solve specific engineering problems.
* Mentor engineering and geoscience staff in data extraction transformation and load, visualization, statistical analysis, predictive modelling and data science techniques.
* Report results of analyses including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables to all levels
* evaluate the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data in order to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
* Master's degree in engineering, computer science, statistics or related field with 5 years of related experience.
* Solid knowledge of statistical techniques: high proficiency in the use of statistical packages.
* Strong Practical Programming skills (practical SQL, MS Excel, Java, R, Python. etc
* the ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially varied & large datasets.
* display high degree of initiative, self-starter ability and results orientation
* Experience using machine learning algorithms
* Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
* Excellent verbal and written presentation skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
* excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork and communications
* proven leadership skills, demonstrated in both academic and business environments.
SAS/Jump; Spotfire, Tableau
Oil and Gas Experience.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.