FocusKPI is looking for a Data Scientist with Modeling experience to join our client in Mountain View, CA. This is a Full-Time, 6 month contract, with possibility of full time conversion.
- Provides guidance and support leadership to Business leaders and stakeholders on how best to harness available data in support of critical business needs and goals.
- Leads the full cycle of iterative big data exploration, including hypothesis formulation, algorithm development, data cleansing, testing, insight generation/visualization, and action planning.
- Uses considerable expertise and independent judgment in collaborating with peers, data engineers, database managers, and business analysts in designing and implementing the research strategy needed to methodically and iteratively structure, extract, cleanse, sample, test, validate, and communicate data-driven insights from complex sources and significant volumes of data for complex and unique business problems.
- Applies proven methods and hacking skills in working with divergent data types, data scales, and big data (petabytes), to explore and extrapolate data-driven insights using advanced, predictive statistical modeling and testing applied to data acquired and cleansed from a range of sources (relational and non-relational NoSQL databases).
- Provides to business stakeholders the entrepreneurial guidance essential for appropriately interpreting and building on findings, and fully exploiting the insights revealed through the research.
- Excellent SQL skills, and the ability to assemble data sets for modeling in SAS or R or Python.
- 3-5 years of related work experience with MS degree.
- Financial, lending, or banking experience
- Business-oriented researchable questions or “working hypotheses” generated in collaboration with business leaders and stakeholders
- Research plans and specifications for large data sets (e.g., statistics, sampling strategy, test specification, steps)
- Algorithms that result from the validation of hypotheses, and contribute to useful predictions and insights
- Input into product development or marketing strategies
- Analytical inquiry findings
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.