Data Scientist – Co-op
About the Team
Everbridge is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Emerging Technology team. As a member of this group, you will be tasked with weaving structured and unstructured data together to help answer some of our biggest questions.
About the Job
You will work directly with different teams on different problems. Many times you will be part of a cross function team, which will require deeper understanding of complex problems.
The background for this position is either a analytics and data science background, or a Computer Scientist / Engineering backgroup who has studied Analytics and Data Science.
- MS in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or other relevant field required.
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving.
- Ability to generate models from complicated data that tell a story.
- Strong communication and the ability to clearly convey information both in the group and to external groups.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark and concepts like Map Reduce.
- Experience with at least Data Science languages (Python, R, Scala, Java) is preferred
- Experience in Statistical Data Analysis
- Working knowledge of Relational Databases and at least one NoSQL datastore (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, …).
- Ability to generate and effectively use Data Visualizations to tell a story
- Experience with Visualization tools like Tableau or Qlik
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.