Zillow is seeking a smart and driven individual to join our dynamic and fast paced Marketing and Business Analytics team. This person has substantive experience in marketing analytics, strong advanced analytics chops, curiosity that generates questions along with solutions, and a good-natured sense of humor. You will execute analyses that evaluates multi-channel marketing performance and culminates in specific resource allocation recommendations. You have strong communication skills and can clearly present findings to diverse audiences at all levels of the organization, ranging from top-executives (think CMO) to junior team-members. If you love solving critical business problems with smart analytics and making an unambiguous impact on the business then this is the role for you!
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to make an immediate impact: Zillow is a data-hungry company and we make almost all decisions using data. You’ll have an opportunity to make a real impact on a significant part of the business and be an integral piece of the decision making process.
- High visibility: We are a very flat organization, a high growth company preserving an entrepreneurial culture in our DNA….and data wins!
- Fun: Join the largest and fastest growing company in the industry and help us build the most trusted and consumer-focused real estate and rentals sites. We have a super smart and dynamic team from diverse backgrounds. We actively encourage personal growth and appreciate innovative methods.
What will you do?
- Analyze large, complex datasets to drive actionable insights and recommendations to improve our marketing product and efforts. Be the analytics voice-at-the-table for marketing budget decisions.
- Tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business ideas. Collaborate directly with business leaders to transform ideas into actions.
- Deliver customer-specific analyses, primarily focusing on Marketing Mix Modeling (MMM), multiple time-series modeling (Arima, VAR, Survival, SEM, growth curve etc.), and forecasting. Leverage simulation and resampling methods to sharpen recommendations. Other projects may focus on the areas of: Customer Segmentation, Retention Analysis, Lifetime Value Analysis, Customer Profiles, and Multivariate Testing.
- Extend your knowledge of advanced statistical estimation procedures as it applies to marketing and other strategic questions to guide business partners.
- Contribute to the knowledge base and culture of the team.
What it takes
- All-around talent, you can efficiently think through a complex business problem and solve it.
- Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, operations research, economics or related quantitative discipline with experience is required. Advanced quantitative degree preferred.
- 3+ years experience using R/Python (or equivalent) programming languages required.
- 3+ years using SQL or other database language.
- 2+ years experience analyzing data, drawing conclusions and making recommendations; consulting experience is a plus.
- 2+ years experience reporting and analyzing marketing campaigns as they relate to the profitable acquisition of new customers and existing customers preferred.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems by leveraging multivariate data analysis.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to meet established timelines.
- Ability to work well with others. We are team driven.
- A passion for what you do.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.