Inkjet and Printing Solutions (IPS) is a large contributor to the success of HP. It is an exciting blend of commercial and consumer products with strong market leadership around the globe. Within IPS, the Big Data Business Transformation organization contributes critically to business strategy, planning, and operations.
Our advanced analytics and collective business acumen drive business results. We have launched a large scale Big Data program whereby we are collecting high volume of print telemetry data to create a competitive advantage for IPS.
Our Big Data strategy centers on expanding the acquisition of print usage data from the deployed printer fleet and pairing internal and external enrichment data sources.
The Data Scientist will have the ability to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources and identify the most important issues / opportunities to address to optimize ROI for the business.
- Expert in computer science and applications, statistical modeling, leading edge quantitative techniques involving analytics and data mining, marketing and experimental design; coupled with strong business acumen.
- Identifies research, tools, and analyses required to achieve objectives for large, complex business problems
- Structures analytical approaches and develops project strategies and tactics
- Develops recommendations for optimizing business and financial performance
- Leads the development of project guidelines, contingency plans, objectives, and deliverables
- Consults with business executives on a wide range of issues related to the strategy formulation process, including risk management and new growth opportunities
- Provides thought leadership and contributes to expanding the knowledge base within area of expertise which includes developing new methods, techniques and criteria for strategy analysis and recommendations
- Collaborates across businesses, functions, and regions to align strategy and direction with corporate and divisional approaches, systems, information and support.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 8-12 years total experience. Often 4-7 years post advanced degree experience leading projects, deals, and company financial improvement initiatives in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, or market research.
- Advanced university degree (e.g., PhD, MS, and MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to manage statistical analysis and financial modelling
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge within multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence
- Superior group facilitation, interviewing, and influence skills
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring and managing multiple work streams independently
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, teambuilding, conflict resolution, and management
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to client issues
- Ability to independently draft and present client deliverables, recommendations, and communications strategies
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.