Data Scientist- Advanced Analytics
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
This is a unique opportunity to join a multi-disciplined team of experienced individuals who will be driving the opportunity identification and solution design, development, and deployment of advanced analytics across the global enterprise. The team will be responsible both for analytics strategy and project-based solutions, focusing on the company’s most critical business areas.
This is a senior role that will provide insight into leading analytic practices and methods, design and lead iterative development and learning cycles, and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of the operating fabric of the global enterprise.
Responsibilities will vary depending upon level and will include some or all of the following:
· Working with cross-functional teams to discover and develop actionable, high-impact data analytics need and opportunity statements in a variety of core business areas.
· Developing industry leading solutions including:
o Determining analytic approaches to be used, defining the appropriate methodologies
o Ensuring integrity of the analytical solutions in terms of the underlying statistical and economic models and assumptions
o Assessing the current analytic models and architectures, reviewing for gaps against business needs and industry best practices
o Identifying detailed data needs, sources, and structure to support solution development
· Leading POCs to create break through solutions, performing exploratory and targeted data analyses
· Requirements: will vary depending upon level and will include some or all of the following:
o Business Acumen:
Effectively communicating analyses, recommendations, status, and results to business management and executives in business terms
Ability to create structured problem statements and conceptualize potential solutions from rough client specifications and information
Ability to propose analytic strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of the working team
o Technical expertise:
Detailed working knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling concepts and disciplines
Knowledge of industry-leading practices
Familiarity with analyzing source system data and data flows, working with structured and unstructured data
Familiarity with manipulating high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends
W orking knowledge in one or more of the following technology areas:
§ Analytic tools such as SAS, SPSS, R, and Python
§ Hadoop frameworks such as Hive, Sqoop, and Pig
§ Relational Databases such as Teradata, Vertica, Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2
· 7 + Years Professional Experience in advanced analytic modeling
· A flexible analytic approach that allows for producing results at varying levels of precision
· Strong listening and communications skills, with ability to clearly and concisely explain complex problems and technologies to non-expert and executive audiences
· Evidence of being able to transfer solutions to business stakeholders for successful adoption and value realization
· A highly collaborative work style, with ability to provide leadership to a cross-functional team
· Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in a technical or quantitative field; Ph.D. preferred. Employment experience in a Fortune 100 company a plus.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
US-MI-Warren (Tech Ctr)
Oct 25, 2016, 4:32:40 PM
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.