University of North Texas
This position is responsible for partnering with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to perform advanced data design and analysis using a broad array of data sets to create new knowledge useful to the university. This position proactively identifies, develops, and implements analytical and institutional research studies to find creative solutions to medium to long term issues facing the university. Leverages programming, analytics and statistical processing tools to respond to requests for data, completes local, regional, and national surveys to impact institutional reputation and standing. Applies expert statistical methodologies to educational and administrative outcomes.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Works with senior administrators, faculty, staff, external constituents, and data modelers, to formulate and scope questions to assist leaders in higher education transformation.
- Develops algorithms and predictive models to help leaders solve critical higher education problems.
- Influences end users (such as the Cabinet, Deans, Chairs, Department heads etc.) to understand the quality, completeness, and appropriate use of data and provides advice about choice of statistical approaches.
- Develops tools such as specific programming scripts, algorithms, SAS VA and VS models and libraries which store analytics, processes and code to run repeated calculations to create efficiencies for future work across the institution.
- Working in partnership across the DAIR office, identifies new sources of data within the UNT data landscape that will improve information about student and administrative outcomes.
- Explore, test, design, and model data to provide executives and c-level staff with strategic projections.
- Ensure data presented is aligned with Master Data Management principles for the institution.
- Apply professional expertise to elevate data quality, veracity, and consistency within and across the enterprise.
- Stay at the forefront of emerging analytics and institutional research issues in higher education by actively representing the University at conferences or meetings.
- Serve as a contributing member on DAIR agile planning teams and share expertise to improve project outcomes.
- Work well as a team player with others in the office as well as those in other units.
- Work independently on assigned responsibilities and meet established deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit – and takes actions to prevent – discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Master's Degree in quantitative disciplines such as Business Administration, Public Policy, Statistics, Educational Measurement, Higher Education, or a related discipline, and three years of professional experience.
This position will require excellent writing, oral communication, and computer skills including:
- Ability to analyze numerical detail, identify patterns or trends, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to analyze, consolidate, and present enrollment data in clear concise forms to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of data analysis, forecasting, prediction, and research design methodologies.
- Ability to work with data from multiple sources.
- Knowledge of business intelligence and reporting tools such as SAS VA, SAS VS, Tableau, WebFOCUS, Cognos or OBIEE.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with a proven record of achieving results through partnership and collaboration.
- Highly advanced skills in the use of databases and spreadsheets as a baseline technology.
- Knowledge of programming in SAS, SPSS, and SQL.
- Capacity for independent and creative thinking and writing on research and statistical problems.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Doctoral Degree in Decision Science, Information Science, Educational Measurement, Computer Science or related field.
- Information Technology experience.
- Experience with enrollment management, customer identification, or customer lifecycle analysis.
- Working knowledge of AGILE planning methodologies and/or SCRUM approaches to project management.
- Experience with tools and methodologies specific to big data (R, Hadoop, Python, or Hive).
- Experience with higher education data preferred.
- A collaborative team member who shares expertise, individual knowledge, and skills through working closely with others to increase value to the University.
- A learning team member who is open to expanding their skills and desires to view challenges as an opportunity to grow.
- A positive team member who is both introspective and interpersonal in their approach to solving problems.
- Represent the team in a professional manner within our community and in other professional setting.
- Knowledge of social media analytics and big data.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with experience
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.